10 Times Taylor Swift Understood College Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

If there’s something Taylor Swift fans can say is that the blonde’s songs translate their feelings. Thinking about it, we’ve listed 10 phrases from her new two musics Look What You Made Me Do and Ready for It that explain and translate our feelings from college life.

College begins

“Baby, let the games begin / Let the games begin / Let the games begin”

In the beginning everyone is very happy and excited to start a new year or semester

First (or all of them) crush

“In the middle of the night, in my dreams / You should see the things we do, baby / In the middle of the night in my dreams”

Maybe you dont’t even remember his/her name, but the taste of him/her lips…

Going to sleep late because you were studying

“Ooh look what you made me do / Look what you made me do / Look what you just made me do / Look what you just made me do”

This is what you want to scream in yours teacher’s face

That damn subject

“The world moves on, another day, another drama, drama / But not for me, not for me, all I think about is karma (insert here your most hated subject)

Do I need to say anything else?

That teacher who always reproves everyone

“I’ve got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined / I check it once, then I check it twice”

Taylor  is so democratic that she can even represent yours teacher’s thoughts

The end of the semester

“I’m sorry, but the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now / Why? / Oh, ’cause she’s dead”

After all the energetics and tests your status is: Buried

The beginning of the semester

“But I got smarter / I got harder / In the nick of time / Honey I rose up from the dead”

Can we put another music here? “I will survive… I will survive…”

That book difficult to understand

“Knew he was a killer first time that I saw him / Wonder how many girls he had loved and left haunted”

You even felt a shiver the moment you found it on the shelf

When no one knows anything at the exams

“I don’t trust nobody and nobody trusts me”

We are all at the same boat…

When you forget the name of an important communicator … that one …

“I forget their names now”

It’s on the tip of your tongue

Bia, as she prefers to be called, is a Ravenclaw alumnus at Hogwarts Scho... ops. Is a senior journalism student at Casper Libero University. She loves to read, listen to good pop punk music, have fun in summer, eat candies, watch series, play League of Legends and some other games, and follow the eletronic sports (eSports) scenario.
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.