timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Things To Do on Carnival If You Are a Homebody

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

When we hear the word Carnival, we directly think about loud music, samba schools’ parades, bloquinhos… everything related to parties. However, if you are more of a homebody, you’ll probably want to runaway from all of this fuss!

Thinking about people like you, we’ve made a list of things that you can do to enjoy your holiday far from confettis and serpentines.

1. TV Series Marathon 

From Saturday to Wednesday, you’ll have the time to watch lots of series without feeling guilty. To ease your life, here are some suggestions of series with a maximum of two seasons: Strangers Things, The Crown, Death Note, Mindhunter, Dark and Jessica Jones.

2. Movies Marathon

Prepare the popcorn and press play! You can bring your DVD’s back to life (did I hear High School Musical, Lord of the Rings and Twilight marathon?), use Netflix to spend the day watching classic chick-flicks) or go to empty cinemas to watch the movies that are competing for the 2018′ Oscar, like Call me By Your Name, The Shape of Water and many others.

3. Play Videogames

Run to your PC, PlayStation or Xbox! You can either play your old games or buy new ones! Here are some really good ones that have been released recently: Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Cuphead, Horizon Zero Dawn, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and Assassin’s Creed Origins.

4. Books Marathon 

What about a literary marathon? How many books can you read in 24 hours or in an entire holiday? Buy some comfort food, choose a cozy place and we’re all set! If you like horror stories, you should search for Editora Darkside books; for sagas, young adults and other subjects, look for Rocco, Record, Intrínseca, Novo Século and Arqueiro books.

5. Do physical exercises

Some fitness centers don’t open on holidays, which can be a bummer. However, apps like Nike+ Run Club, Daily Cardio Workouts and 7 Minute Workout Seven can give you a little help to exercise at home!

6. Do yoga

Even when we’re at home, feelings like anxiety and stress can try to ruin our day. Have you ever tried to do yoga to calm yourself or just clean your mind for some time? It really helps! You should try to do it with a hand from apps like Simply Yoga or Daily Yoga .

7. DIY 

Holidays mean lots of extra time… what about trying some DIY (Do It Yourself)? You can customize your clothes or create new decoration objects with materials like paper, paperboard, bottles of glass… your creativity is the limit!. Look for some inspiration at Pinterest by simply searching for “DIY”.

8. Travel to peaceful cities

We know which cities to avoid, but which are ideal to rest far from all the carnival revelry? Cities like Foz do Iguaçu (PR), Bonito (MS), São Roque (SP) e Canela (RS) are quiet destinations and offer a lot of contact with nature or just peaceful hotels.

9. General housekeeping

Organizing things at home can be stressful, but you have to agree with me: it’s amazing to see everything on the right place. Beyond organizing everything, you can use the opportunity to separate things for donation.

10. Test new recipes

If you are the kind of person who likes to venture at the stove, wear your kitchen apron and get the proper cutlery to prepare delicious meals! You can find great recipes at YouTube channels like Tastemade Brasil, Danielle Noce and Tasty.

Bia, as she prefers to be called, is a Ravenclaw alumnus at Hogwarts Scho... ops. Is a senior journalism student at Casper Libero University. She loves to read, listen to good pop punk music, have fun in summer, eat candies, watch series, play League of Legends and some other games, and follow the eletronic sports (eSports) scenario.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.