10 Shows on Netflix You Should be Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Netflix is more than a simple paid website/app to watch movies and shows, it’s also a lifestyle (hello, introverts!). Finals are over and soon grades will be stamped in the Netstudent system, but while you wait for it, or you have already scored enough to pass and consider yourself on vacation mode, there’s a bunch of shows you can press play on Netflix.

If you enjoy spys, detectives and crimes…

SHERLOCK – Of course

Following a modern day Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch <3) and his partner John Watson (Martin Freeman, yeah, the Hobbit). Most episodes are quite long, but totally worth it. Book fans will be ver thrilled on how the cases are adapted for television and contemporary London.

If you enjoy politics, scandals, gossips and law cases…

SCANDAL

With 5th season running, Scandal is great if you are feeling powerful, problem-solving and polictical strategizing. And, yes, Olivia Pope will be your new role model.

SUITS – Lawyers, so many pretty lawyers. 

A law prodigy, a secret and one of the best New York City law firm.

HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER

I guess the title is self-explanatory, but if you care for graduate law students, a murder, a strong female lead and basically, how to get away with murder, you will enjoy and watch until the next episode comes up.

HOUSE OF CARDS

It takes a while to get used to Frank Underwood talking to you, spectator. But once you start, you will watch and cheer, although he is quite the anti-hero type.

If you enjoy historical fiction…

REIGN

Queen Mary of Scots, the same one that Elizabeth I killed for causing too much trouble. In this show, Mary just arrived back to France, where she is bound to marry the prince, Francis. What makes it worth is the cast, outfits and Catherine De Medici.

THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH

Based on Ken Follet books, The Pillars of the Earth has the exact amount of drama, action, political games and medieval scenario. Oh, and Eddie Redmayne.

If you enjoy supernatural creatures, aliens and heroes…

MARVEL AGENTS OF SHIELD

Fitzsimmons, Fitzsimmons, Fitzsimmons.

THE ORIGINALS

The best par about The Vampire Diaries, aka Klaus, got a show and it’s set in New Orleans.

ARROW

He was a billionaire trapped in an island for five years and now he is back to Starling City.

Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.