This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Our winter vacations have finally arrived and if there’s something better than matching cold weather, hot chocolate and a great TV distraction, you should let us know asap. As long as it’s not happened yet, Her Campus selected 10 new TV shows or new seasons so you’ll never get bored during the 30-day break.

*Releases dates are settled in the American way, month/day/year.*

1. Sharp Objects – HBO (7/8)

Image Source: IMDb

The upcoming thriller miniseries is based on homonym book by Gillian Flynn and it’ll be broadcasted by HBO, as the original network. The eight-episode series tells the story of Camille Preaker’s (Amy Adams) back to her hometown soon after she left a psychiatric institute. As a reporter, she must cover a brutal double murder case of young teenagers and simultaneously face her own past demons. So this brand new production (for sure) will send shivers down your spine!

2. Heathers (7/10) 

Image Source: IMDb

The pitch-black comedy reboot series is based on the homonym 1988 film, whose plot was written by Daniel Waters. It focus on Veronica Sawyer’s routine at Westerburg High School and her other three fellows nowadays. The main difference between both productions is that now the outcasts are royal clique.

3. The Pacific War in Color – Smithsonian Channel (6/24)

Image Source: Smithsonian Channel

The documentary was produced by NHK due to the 70th anniversary of the end of the Pacific War (1941 to 1945) and the new series, by the Smithsonian Channel, shows recreated images and footages that were colored by digital technology, as for instance, the Japanese victims during warfare period, fierce battles, the front lines etc. For those who believes in History power, this program allows a looking-back thought.

4. Castle Rock – Hulu (7/25)

Image Source: IMDb

The upcoming series based on Stephen King’s stories focuses on Castle Rock, a fictional city where horror stories emerge not only on the witching hour, but in the present-past crossing. It’ll be broadcasted by the streaming service Hulu and contains 10 episodes. About the characters, there’ll be a constant change on the scenario and also in the cast according the seasons, hence everything connects.

5. The Innocents – Netflix (8/24)

Image Source: Netflix

This British supernatural-drama upcoming series will be released by the streaming platform Netflix and it consists in an eight-episode story about Harry (Percelle Ascott) and June (Sorcha Groundsell), a couple who runs away together from their oppressive family. Both of them have unknown powers, as the ability of becoming a shape-shifter, for instance.

6. Sacred Games – Netflix (7/6)

Image Source: IMDb

Based on the thriller homonym novel by Vikram Chandra, the Indian series revolves a Mumbai honest cop, Sartaj Singh (Saif Ali Khan), that all of sudden is linked to a gang boss. He quests to avoid a chaos, but for doing it he ought to find out the answer of the cryptic warning.

7. The Outpost – CW (7/10)

image Source: IMDb

Talon (Jessica Green) is the last survivor of the race Blackbloods and during the trajectory of tracking her family’s assassins, she discovers a supernatural power able to protect the world from those who dare to be oppressive.

8. Disenchantment – Netflix (8/17)

Image Source: IMDb

This animated adult fantasy series was created by Matt Groening, the same creator of Simpsons and Futurama. It revolves a crumbling medieval kingdom, Dreamland, and the hard-drinking princess Bean, her feisty Elf and also her own demon, Luci.

9. Cultureshock – A&E (6/25)

Image Source: A&E

The upcoming docuseries, produced by Entertainment Weekly, will analyze the untold top moments of the pop culture and its lasting effects in society, and obvious, in our culture. This in-depth look will change for good the way you see all the pop productions and also will allow foreseeing their respective impacts.

10. Second season: Anne with an E – Netflix (7/6)

Image Source: IMDb

The ten-episode season will bring back the Green Gables’ outgoings and mostly Anne (Amybeth McNulty) and her friends’ troubles, while also there’ll feature a few new cast members to expand out the Lucy Maud Montgomery’s classic novels. ‘‘Isn’t the world a remarkable place?’’, says the young orphan girl.

Yasmin Altaras

Casper Libero

Journalism student learning some stuff about the Universe.
Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows.