Style > Decor

10 Halloween Decorations You Can Do To Prepare Yourself – And Your House – For The Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Halloween is known worldwide, but it’s more celebrated in the United States. On this holiday, people put on costumes (it can be witches and vampires or soccer players and famous singers) to play and ask for trick or treats at the decorated houses for the festivity.

Here is the list of easy DIY Halloween decorations:

Carving Oranges

Sometimes carving your own pumpkin is laborious and tiring, so we have a really cool alternative. An easier idea is to carve oranges, so a smaller and less difficult size can be a decoration for your home. You can place the traditional candle or decorate with candies inside the orange.

Draw on Balloons

An easy and creative way to decorate your home is to buy balloons with classic Halloween colors like: orange, white, green and purple. After filling them, decorate with fun drawings, it can be ghosts, pumpkin, frankenstein, whatever comes in your mind, the fun is to let your imagination lead you!

Illuminated Jars

A fun idea is to use empty glass jars to decorate. You can put shredded cotton inside to look like a ghost; candy or pipe cleaners to turn it into a pumpkin; colorful fabric to transform into a monster. Using a pen or colored paper, decorate the face of the chosen character on the outside, to make it look cool you can put lights, so it gives more life to your decor.

Paper Rolls Characters

An ecological way for your decoration is to use the toilet paper roll left over and turn it into party characters. Using colored paper and ink you can make a simple piece of paper become several fun monsters, vampires, mummies, bats, whatever comes to mind.

Decorative Doors

To enter the Halloween spirit a good idea is to decorate the whole house. From the inside as well as the outside, a nice tip is to use black paper and a little ribbon to make the famous character from the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. Nothing cooler than this classic character.

Paper Bats

One of the most striking symbols of the party are bats, which are always seen in horror movies and series. A nice way to prepare the house for the long-awaited holiday is to use these animals. Take a mold from the internet of your choice and, with cardboard, scissors and a pencil the decoration is ready, just put it in your house and wait for the children to arrive to ask for treats!

Ribbon Spider Webs

With only duct tape you can make a fun ornament like spider webs. You can make any size and wherever you want: on the wall, floor or ceiling.

Eye wreaths

Who said that wreaths are only used for Christmas?! You can make your own creepy wreath, with just cottons, a circular support, glue and goggling eyes. With that a fun and easy decoration appears.

Bat cookies

To get even more into the Halloween atmosphere you can even decorate the food, besides being fun it will be a striking decoration.

Creative flags

To hang on the wall or spread around your house, the garlands with flags are a classic and fun idea. With cardstock or colored paper, string, scissors, pencils and your imagination, the flags will be the icing on the party cake.

Bruna Roberti

Casper Libero '23

Estudante de jornalismo apaixonada pela área de entretenimento. Tenho como hobby ler livros, os meus preferidos são os de aventura. Também gosto de música, seja ela de qualquer tipo.