This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Due to the pandemic caused by the Covid-19 virus, it is recommended to maintain social isolation to remedy this crisis as soon as possible. So the ideal is not to go on social trips yet. But for when the pandemic situation improves: check those 10 incredible destinations for you to visit!

Iguaçu Falls, Brazil/Argentina

Considered one of the 7 natural wonders in the entire world, this South American treasure leaves everybody mesmerized. The Iguaçu Falls is located between two national parks: the National Park of Iguaçu, in Brazil, and the National Park Iguazú, in Argentina. Those parks are also declared as a World Heritage Site and reaffirmed as Exceptional Universal Value.

Both parks offer amazing views of the enormous waterfall, many circuits for trekking lovers, safaris, and even museums. The Argentinian side offers the chance to go through bridges which are excellent photo points. And did I mention that you can also get on the water? Not swimming, but on a boat that gives you a whole different point of view of this majestic waterfall.

The Cavern Club, England

Every Beatles fan knows the band’s history started in the famous city of Liverpool. But not everybody knows the famous pub that started it all. The Cavern Club opened its door in 1957 as a rock n roll club and it was known for being underground and having a peculiar smell that never left the place.

The Cavern Club was where The Beatles started playing as a band, but they were not the only ones. Musicians like Rolling Stones, Queen, and even Elton John were known to play there too. The place is the key to English rock and it’s still open till today.

It’s important to be really careful not to go into one of the fake “The Cavern Clubs” (yes, they exist). You can get into the real pub down a big flight of stairs. The place is the same as it always was, making you feel like a time traveler. Bands and cover artists are signing all day long all kinds of songs, but especially The Beatles. While there, It’s easy to assume that you went back in time. This place is a must-go-to every rock lover, but also to everybody that wants to feel like they are part of something big.

Blue Lagoon, Iceland

The Blue Lagoon is located on the Reykjanes Peninsula, in southwest Iceland, and it’s probably best known for its milky blue waters, with high temperatures and skin-nourishing properties. The attraction became famous all over the world and has one of the prettiest photo landscapes one could imagine.

The lagoon has its own hotel and spa, which you can choose to stay and enjoy but you can also buy day passes if you are up to a quick visit. When you buy your ticket, you can choose the package you want and end up with some “skincare mud” which you apply while on the water. If you don’t end up feeling like a relaxed Elsa, I don’t know what can make you feel like that.

Pão de Açúcar, Brazil

If you are Brazilian, going to Rio de Janeiro should definitely be a priority. The city which once was the country’s capital is a symbol of Brazilian identity. Besides the beautiful beaches, gastronomy, and culture, Rio is the place of some of the most amazing landscapes of Brazil.

Located in the Urca neighborhood, Pão de Açúcar is a group of two hills that are connected by a cableway. You can pay the fare and ride from one hill to the other at more than 300 meters from the ground while enjoying the beautiful view. On top of the hills, you can eat, take marvelous pictures and even do some shopping. This place is a must for every south American who likes to travel!

Griffith Observatory, USA

Located on a park on top of a hill in Los Angeles, the observatory is in a museum that offers, besides the best views of the whole city, pieces of information about space and the cosmos. There also have many exhibitions and a planetarium, where you can do experiments! The best view of Los Angeles is from the Griffith Observatory.

You can also have a picnic at the park and enjoy Los Angeles nature while having the best view of the famous Hollywood sign. There is no better reason to go than that!

Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia

The Bolivian salt flats have been described as a piece of heaven. Located in the city of Uyuni, this salt flat is considered one of the most remarkable places to visit. It stretches over more than 4,050 square miles, making it the biggest salt desert in the world — that can be seen even from space!

While there, you can book a tour to visit the deserts, volcanos, geysers, hot springs, and high-altitude lakes to the south. This natural wonder definitely needs to be on your bucket list!

Taj Mahal, India

The Taj Mahal is one of the world’s most known sites. The mausoleum complex in northern India was built by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahān to immortalize his wife Mumtaz Mahal, who died in childbirth in 1631.

The incredible building is one of the finest examples of Mughal architecture and is one of the most beautiful constructions you will probably ever see. You can also pay the fee and go on a tour inside the mausoleum to further appreciate the mesmerizing architecture.

Lake Bumbunga, Australia

Yes, there is a pink lake and yes, you can visit it. Located in the South of Australia, Lake Bumbunga is known for its color-changing water and beautiful photo opportunities.

Depending on the water salinity, it can change between blue, pink and white and while there you can enjoy a lovely meal at one of the many restaurants near the lake. This natural beauty is something you cannot miss.

Sagrada Familia, Barcelona

This basilica located in Barcelona, Spain, has been under construction for over 130 years and it’s still not done! This breathtaking building that has over 130 meters, was designed by the famous architect Antoni Gaudi and it’s a famous world landmark.

Known for its angular and contemporary architecture, the basilica is so detailed that one could never get enough of seeing. Besides, there is a museum in the basement which is enough to keep you even more well entertained.

Atacama Desert, Chile

Between the Pacific Ocean and the Andes mountain range, in the north of Chile, it is the driest desert in the world. The Atacama Desert is the home of beautiful landscapes, which leave anyone impressed.

You can book day tours to lagoons, thermals, salt banks, and hills while enjoying the beauty of this natural and beautiful destination. The village of San Pedro de Atacama also offers a great cultural experience for those who love to feel out of this world!

—————————-

The article above was edited by Nicole Leslie.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero’s home page for more!

Marina Benitez

Casper Libero '23

The most indecisive and dog lover person you will ever see. (Trying to be) A journalist obsessed with good stories and chocolate ice cream.