Why You Should Love Valentine’s Day (Regardless of Your Relationship Status)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

Valentine’s Day is all about love, romance, kisses, and hearts.  For some people, this sounds like the most perfect day ever -others aren’t fans of the holiday.  Whether your love life is not where you want it to be or you just can’t stand the thought of mushy feelings, here are some reasons why Valentine’s Day is, in fact, a pretty special occasion.

1. History

The story of how today’s Valentine’s Day came to be is actually fascinating.  If you don’t know it, check out this video which gives a history of the holiday.

2. Chocolate

Valentine’s Day is just as much about the candy and chocolate as it is about love.  And really, you can’t hate that.

3. One step closer to spring

Valentine’s Day means you’ve made it through the first few weeks of the semester, which means that spring is just around the corner.  So, once you’ve made it to Valentine’s Day, the rest of the semester is really not so bad.  

4. Love

When you think of Valentine’s Day, romantic love is probably the first thing that comes to mind.  But that doesn’t have to be the case.  Whether you’re in a relationship or not, Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate eveyone you love in your life, from your parents to best friends.  Giving the people you’re closest to even the smallest Valentine can make their day and yours.

Anna is a Pre-Law English and Political Science major, minoring in Philosophy and Spanish. In her spare time, Anna enjoys listening to music, keeping up with the latest fashion and beauty trends, and spending time with her pomeranian named Teddy.