What Your Typical Starbucks Drink Says About Your Love Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

When you’re in college and have a million tests, meetings, and classes to attend, it is not uncommon to make a pit stop at your local Starbucks. The amazing thing about Starbucks is that the options are endless and you can’t really go wrong with your choice of drink, however; we usually fall into a pattern of picking the same drink time after time and evidence is increasing that this might actually have relevance to your everyday life. SO…what does your Starbucks drink of choice say about your love life?

1.  The Seasonal Flavor

If you’re the type that only loves Starbucks when the Pumpkin Spice Latte or Christmas Cookie Latte are on the menu, then a long term relationship is probably not your thing. You like to meet new people, try new things, and you live for spontaneity when it comes to your love life. You do not want to be tied down for long, believe in breezy flings, and strive to meet surprising personalities. You do not have a “type” but are content with living in the moment.

2. Caffe Mocha

You are a hopeless romantic who needs to be swept off your feet Romeo and Juliet style. Sweet and tasteful, you would prefer a date consisting of a home cooked dinner and an interesting conversation. You are not concerned about the cutie at the bar or the hottie on the beach but a sensitive, creative, and intelligent type that takes the time to truly get to know you.

3. Caramel Macchiato

Thinking and feeling are two things you know how to do well. You are loyal and logical, but this forces you to overthink every romantic decision. Practicality is key for a successful relationship and finding someone who will tell you exactly how they feel straight away is critical. You do not do well playing games and are easily frustrated and confused if your partner is not being open and honest. You will thrive with someone you meet in a more professional setting such as class or work.

4. The Frappuccino 

Your extroverted personality makes you the life of any party and you attract many romantic admirers. Although you are very optimistic about love, you might actually fall under the “tease” category. Unlike the seasonal flavor, you don’t like to switch around but aren’t really looking for stable either. You like to have a good time but might be more interested in making many friends over having a lot of romantic options.

5. Espresso Shots

Wild and daring, you need someone that can keep up with your every move. You’re not the type to stay in on a Friday night and sitting down long enough to have a movie date is a rare occasion for you. Espresso shot people are playful but faithful; they need someone who can have fun, keep it youthful, but also have that extra burst of deep personality that can be tamed with thoughtful conversation.

6. Green Tea

Consistency and commitment are a must for you and you are interested in a healthy, mature relationship. You need a stable and steady partner who will be there for you whenever in need. Compassion and wisdom are also important to you and having a clear future with someone makes you feel safe.  Intelligent based conversations enable you to thrive and you always seem to fall for your best friend.

7. Plain Coffee

Plain coffee people know what they like and are not afraid to say it. When it comes to your love life, the only person who has the end say in what happens is you. Once you have your eye on someone, there’s not much convincing you otherwise. You are persistent, bold, strong-willed, and need someone who will encourage you to follow your passions at all times. Avoiding clingy personalities is a must for you and your perfect partner will be able to match your ambitions.