What Your Karaoke Choice Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

Based on the artists themselves, what does your Thursday night song choice at Jolly says about your personality?

High School Musical/Grease: You’re the quintessential optimistic, maybe even naïve sometimes. Or in other words, you’re the token hufflepuff.

Journey/Black Keys: You are emotionally sensitive. This doesn’t mean that you’re always a blubbering mess of emotions -you may bottle them up, but nonetheless, you are acutely attuned to respond emotionally to most situations.

Spice Girls/Hilary Duff/Avril Lavigne/Pink: You are confident. You are opinionated. You are strong-willed. You are also probably a feminist and advocate social justice. Good for you!

Eminem: Let’s face it, you’re a try-hard. For some reason or another, you may feel that you have something to prove. Maybe you should try to take things less seriously and relax. After all, you will never be a real rap god.

50 Cent: You are the life of the party. You’re spontaneous and outgoing. Party on!

Drake/Kanye: You’re a player. Or at least you wish you were. Either way, you think you’re awesome and possibly have an inflated ego, which you want everyone else in the room to take note of your awesomeness as well. It’s possible that you need a reality check.

One Direction/Backstreet Boys/NSYNC: You had a lot of wine with the girls tonight. It’s definitely a Girls’ Night Out (or Boys’…) and you are just here to have some classic fun. Cheers to you!

Chris Brown/John Legend: You’re a hopeless romantic, which means you are a unique breed at this university and probably feel lonely. Hopefully you’re graduating soon, because the CWRU dating pool is likely underwhelming for you.

Beyoncé /T. Swift: You are a goddess. Just kidding, but you are feelin’ like supergirl tonight. You may even be overly confident, probably as a result of overdosing on liquid courage. Good luck to you and whomever will be escorting you home tonight!

Rascal Flatts/Nickelback/Matchbox 20: You are the karaoke enthusiast, and people aren’t very enthusiastic about hearing you perform these songs, again.

Darius Rucker/Luke Bryan/Blake Shelton: You’re true to yourself! You are independent and genuine, without apologies to anyone. Or in other words, you’re country strong!

Pre-Law English and Philosophy Undergrad with a minor in Religious Studies