Meet the Her Campus Case Western Staff!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

You read our articles, look at our campus snapshots, and share your favorites on Facebook, so maybe it’s about time that you knew who was behind Her Campus: Case Western. Check out some members of our amazing staff below!

Editors/ Campus Correspondents

Name: Temi Omilabu

Year: Junior

Major: English, Political Science

Minor: Chemistry

Extra-curriculars: Director on the University Program Board (UPB), Varsity Track and Field, Pi Beta Phi, Tour Guide

Temi is an Editor/ Campus Correspondent for Her Campus with a passion for all things Arts & Culture. She doesn’t know where her future will take her, but she sincerely hopes it involves traveling. This past summer, she spent nine weeks interning in West Africa and four weeks traveling through Europe, and she takes every opportunity she can get to see the world. She speaks 3 languages, and is working on her fourth! When she’s not busy with school, competing on CWRU’s Track and Field team, or planning fun events for students to attend through UPB, she binge-watches Scandal like it’s her job. She’s seen every episode up to date and wants to one day be able to rock a pantsuit the way Olivia Pope does. In the future she hopes to attend law school, and she thinks it would be really cool to work for the UN some day. Some of her other interests include bioethics, watching basketball and soccer, and snapchatting.

Name: Jeep Madison

Year: Junior

Major: Communication Sciences

Minor: English and Political Science

Extra-curriculars: Varsity Football, SMAART, InterFraternity Congress, Greeks Against Sexual Assault, Phi Delta Theta

A member of the class of 2017 at Case Western Reserve University by way of your not so typical New England boarding school, Jeep Madison is a communication sciences major with a double minor in political science and English (with sociology and gerontology minors to follow).  He is a brother of the fraternity, Phi Delta Theta, and a member of the Spartan football team.  A self proclaimed feminist, he feels very strongly about current events surrounding domestic violence and the integration of women into traditionally male social realms.  With so much indecision on what the future holds, Jeep is currently an aspiring trophy husband.

VP of Marketing

Name: Hopeanne Wohlers

Year: Senior

Major: English, Philosophy, Religion

Minor: French

Extra-curriculars: Observer A&E contributing writer, Jolly server, Netflix binger

Hopeanne serves as Her Campus Case Western’s Vice President of Marketing, which puts her in charge of all of our social media and marketing initiatives. When she’s not hard at work with her three majors, Her Campus, the Observer, and her job at the Jolly, she enjoys watching her favorite TV show: Grey’s Anatomy. She is also a proud owner of the entire One Tree Hill series on DVD. If you don’t know Hopeanne, it’s your loss: she’s pretty laid back, often slow to warm up to new people, and strongly opinionated about the important issues. However, she despises conflict and taking things too seriously; a good joke or romantic comedy is never a bad move in her book. When she graduates, she hopes to attend law school, travel, and explore her options in authorship. She’s a sucker for country music and brown eyes, and if she could honeymoon anywhere, it would definitely be Bora Bora…that or traveling through all of Europe. As decided by her roommates last year, her spirit animal is an owl.

Writers

Name: Alex Clarke

Year: Junior

Major: English and Psychology

Minor: Marketing

Extra-curriculars: VP of event planning for Pi Beta Phi, staff writer for the Observer, volunteering at the Animal Protective League, and Freedman Center Student Assistant

Alex, pictured left, is a passionate writer who loves to be surrounded by her family and friends. She’s been a vegetarian since she was nine (she doesn’t know how to stop), and her Myers-Briggs personality type is ENFP, which basically means that she’s enthusiastic about everything. If she was a character in Harry Potter she’d be Ron Weasley, for sure. Alex loves writing, and even though the internet always tells her that being a journalist is a bad choice, she could not imagine herself doing anything else (except maybe writing the next great American novel). She hopes to attend grad school for a masters in journalism program, and her dream job would be writing for Rolling Stone. When it comes to music, she listens to everything from Panic! At the Disco to Fleetwood Mac to Kendrick Lamar, and if she could describe herself in five words, they would be “Between Tina Belcher and Rachel Greene.”

Name: Anna Galipo

Year: Senior

Major: English and Political Science

Minor: Philosophy and Spanish

Extracurriculars: Phi Alpha Delta (pre-law fraternity), Sigma Tau Delta (English fraternity), Commuter Student Association

Anna Galipo is a goofy, girly, intellectual, and passionate pre-law student. After law school next year, she wants to eventually go into Entertainment Law. When she has free time, she loves spending time with her family; in fact, family has always been very important to her. She has a really great internship with a local nonprofit, so she spends a lot of her time there too. She also secretly loves binge-watching reality TV in her spare time (#NoShame) and her favorite show is The Mindy Project. She’ll listen to anything involving Drake, and her favorite food is Nachos!

Name: Chrismaly Vidal

Year: Sophomore

Major: English and Economics

Extra-curriculars: Kappa Alpha Theta, The Athenian, The Observer, CWRU Radio, Collegiate Mentoring, and Tour Guiding

Chrismaly is a Jersey girl who loves living in the Florida sun, but is currently in an Ohio world. She loves listening to music, no matter the language. She also enjoys road trips, good books, and great conversation. One of her favorite moments is when it’s snowing in the middle of the night and the streets have a special kind of silence not heard at any other time of the year. Cool Fun Fact: Chrismaly worked at Harry Potter World: Diagon Alley (Universal Studios: Orlando) this past summer! When asked what her favorite traits in a significant other are, she values honesty, loyalty, and a sense of humor. Her spirit animal is a quokka (AKA the cutest animal you’ll ever look up).

Name: Olivia Zabrodsky

Year: Junior

Major: Dual Degree in Marketing and Theatre

Minor: Business Management

Extra-curriculars: Varsity Cross Country, Indoor Track, Outdoor Track, Slow Food Club, Member of Alpha Phi, Writer for Her Campus, Study Voice at CIM, Tele-counselor for Case Admission’s Department

Olivia is an energetic and free-spirited writer who enjoys spending time with family and friends more than anything else. She also loves to bake, run, and sing — especially Opera! If you ever see her in passing, odds are that she has a welcoming smile on her face and a super-cute outfit on. Right now, her favorite TV shows are Scandal and Vampire Diaries, and her spirit animal is Phoebe Buffay. If she could pick a #ManCrushMonday, without a doubt, it would be Nick Jonas. She appreciates a significant other who is confident, thoughtful, outgoing, and knows how to make her laugh. Olivia may not have any concrete plans for the future yet, but she knows that she would love to open her own business one day! 

Name: Sierra Cotton

Year: Freshman

Major: Biomedical Engineering

Extra-curriculars: WISER, The Observer, Knitting

Hailing from Michigan, Sierra Cotton is a first-year writer for Her Campus! Sierra hopes to become an orthopedic surgeon in NYC some day, and although she in an engineering major, her favorite class right now is Religion 102. When she’s not working hard toward her future goals, she enjoys watching Vampire Diaries, browsing on Tumblr, and listening to Top 40 music and Epic soundtracks. If Sierra could honeymoon anywhere, it would have to be Greece. Fun fact: She has a twin brother.

Do you want to be part of an amazing team that writes some awesome articles? Email case@hercampus.com for more information! Also, be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Temi is a junior English major who loves programming with the University Program Board, competing on the Varsity Track and Field team, and being part of her wonderful sorority. She is a firm believer that the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body and language is the most powerful force in the universe.