Effortlessly Chic: 5 Ways to Stay Cute and Comfy During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

We can all agree that midterms are no fun.  The endless study sessions, exhausting all-nighters, and massive amounts of work can make anyone crazy. With all this stress, the last thing a girl wants to think about is looking hot for an 8am class.  Fortunately, it’s not impossible!  You can still look cute without sacrificing study time, or more importantly, sleep.  Here are a few simple things you can incorporate into your look to help you stay stylish, even under pressure.

1. Slip on a chunky sweater.

A major fashion trend this season, these thick knits will keep you warm, especially when you’re crawling out of bed in the morning.  Swapping out your old go-to sweatshirt for a chic sweater will take you from sloppy to sophisticated.  No extra effort necessary.

2. Throw on a scarf.

Scarves instantly make any outfit look more polished.  A chunky scarf will keep you cozy duirng those morning walks across campus, while a thinner knit scarf can add just a pop of color.  Added bonus: they require zero energy.

3. Rock the messy bun.

No need to worry about whether your slept on hair is looking like the Bride of Frankenstein (it’s happened to the best of us, right?!).  Throwing you hair into a messy bun saves loads of time, which translates to hitting the snooze button with no penalty.  Not to mention, this is one haristyle that’s pretty much impossible to get wrong.  The messier, the better!

4. Incorporate printed leggings.

You know those days when wearing jeans just seems like too much to handle? Printed leggings may be your new best friend.  Gone are the days of boring black leggings–this season is all about patterns.  Printed leggings give you the comfort of yoga pants, without looking like you’re going out of your way to avoid actual pants (which may or may not be true).

5. Accessorize!

Nothing turns an outfit from average to adorable quite like jewelry.  Even something as small as putting on earrings or a watch before you walk out the door can make your look seem more polished.  Plus, cute rings give you something sparkly to look at while you’re hard at work making those study guides.

It’s all about looking composed.  Wear one trend or wear them all! With these tips, you can stay looking cool and collected, even when you’ve been cramming for exams all night long.

Anna is a Pre-Law English and Political Science major, minoring in Philosophy and Spanish. In her spare time, Anna enjoys listening to music, keeping up with the latest fashion and beauty trends, and spending time with her pomeranian named Teddy.