Close Encounters of the Case Kind: The 6 Types of People You’ll Meet at CWRU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

Within the student population, we have quite a variety of personalities. People are from all types of cultures, and each person has different motives and goals that shape who they are and how they interact with the people around them. Here’s what I’ve gathered in my 4+ years here:

1. Varsity Athletes

They can always be found sporting their varsity jackets, whether they still compete or they stayed on the team for two years just for the jacket. While some are involved in organizations outside of their sport, their competitions and practice come before everything, even sleep. As Temi said in 5 Perks of Being a CWRU Student, we may be a D3 school, but we compete like we’re D1.

2. People Who Live at KSL

Although every Case student settles into KSL at some point in their early college experience, you can normally find the same people in their designated study spots. Whether they’re studying or napping, they seem to enjoy the sparse lighting and awkwardly chilly temperatures more than their own bedroom. While they may sacrifice a life outside school, you can usually count on these kids to be the reason the curve on your last biochem test isn’t quite what you’d hoped.

3. The Suuuuper Try-Hards 

Often (everyday) found sitting in the front of class, hands raised high, ready to laugh as loud as possible at every recycled joke the professor throws out there. If there’s ever the option to either end class a few minutes early or ask questions, they will be sure to whip up the most nonsensical comment/question just to hear their voice. 

4. Stoners

If you’re ever looking to hang out in a completely judgement-free zone where no joke goes un-laughed at, look no further. 

5. Artsy Hipsters

Most likely found exhibiting an awesome combination of clothes you’d never seen before, these people like to express their art in every aspect of their daily lives, whether it be their clothing or their actions.

6. Partiers

No time is a bad time to drink in the mind of a partier. No one is really sure how they do it, but some of the craziest partiers at this school get the highest grades. Time management: it’s a great skill to have. 

Senior Nutrition Major at CWRU. On the Varsity Swim and Dive Team, and part of Delta Gamma Fraternity.