Campus Profile: Nick Punzo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

This week’s Campus Profile is Nick Punzo! When Nick isn’t sleeping in, this New Jersey native can be found working at KSL, ‘mursing’ around, and maintaining his status as one of the funniest guys on campus.

Name: Nicholas “Nick” Punzo

Age: 20

Year: Sophomore

Major: Nursing

Relationship Status: Single, Straight

Hometown: Denville, New Jersey

Interests: Longboarding, Lacrosse, Funny T.V. shows, Basketball, Writing, Bass guitar

HerCampus: What’s your spirit animal?

Nick: There’s a story behind this, but the answer is the wounded baby fox is my spirit animal. It wasn’t my choice.

HerCampus: Favorite song to sing in the shower?

Nick: “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” by Elton John.

HerCampus: Favorite band?

Nick: Right now, the Foo Fighters; I got to see them live over the summer and they were great, it worked out well because Dave Grohl had broken his leg so he played from this massive throne, it was sick.

HerCampus: What’s your worst pet peeve?

Nick: People who don’t understand that some of us are light sleepers. I’ve given up on trying to sleep before 1 AM because of the noise.

HerCampus: Who’s your #womancrushwednesday?

Nick: Jennifer Aniston. She’s perfect in every way. And Taylor Swift. So there are two.

HerCampus: If you could back in time to any time period, which would you go to and why?

Nick: Probably go back to right after Pearl Harbor happened. I’d be very interested to see the extent to which America reacted, and just how nationalistic the response was. It must have been crazy.

HerCampus: What’s your guilty pleasure?

Nick: Sleeping in late when I can. Or think I can. I don’t even know how much time I’ve wasted with that.

HerCampus: Is it ‘soda’ or ‘pop’?

Nick: Soda.

HerCampus: What was the last book you read?

Nick: Stephen King’s The Dark Tower. It was a good conclusion to the series, but it was pretty disappointing in a couple of ways. Especially in how he depicted the Crimson King. The series as a whole is worth a read though, it was great.

HerCampus: If you got a tattoo, what would it be?

Nick: On my left chest: “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.” It’s the first line from the Dark Tower series, and I think it’s the most suspenseful opening line to a book I’ve ever read.

HerCampus: If tomorrow you won 1 million dollars, what would you do?

Nick: I’d definitely keep studying nursing, but I think I’d invest most of it so I could live super comfortably. I’d also use it to ease as many monetary burdens as I could for family, immediate and extended. I’m sure I’d do some stupid shit too, prolly buy a sweet pair of Heelys.

HerCampus: If money were no object, what would be your dream job?

Nick: A guidance counselor or a teacher for high school. Honestly, some job where I could make a positive impact to high school-aged kids.

HerCampus: What was the last movie or TV show you watched?

Nick: Well you caught me at a bad time. It was “To Catch a Predator” because I was just playing ping-pong and it was on in the common room. I didn’t even turn the T.V. on.

HerCampus: Which would you rather have: the ability to read minds, teleport anywhere, or fly?

Nick: Teleport, easy. I used to watch Dragonball-Z, and that shit Goku did with teleporting is just too cool to not try. I’d also be able to sleep in more.

HerCampus: Lastly, what was the best prank you ever pulled?

Nick: For my friend’s 18th birthday, me and my friend Josh filled up her room with balloons (400 plus) and hid underneath them. We then jumped out and scared the crap out of her. She loved it.

Hey! I'm Chrismaly and am currently a sophomore at Case Western Reserve University studying English and Economics. I love all things Harry Potter, talking to friends, and listening to pretty music.