Campus Profile: Amy Goldberg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

This week’s campus profile is Amy Goldberg! Amy is a senior Biomedical Engineering major from Flushing, NY. She also has a minor in Mechanical Manufacturing and Design. When she’s not studying really hard, Amy does a lot on campus and has fun, too. Read on to learn more about Amy.

Her Campus: If you could be any animal, which one would it be?

Amy Goldberg: I’d be a large bird because I’ve always wanted to fly. I just think it would be so freeing. But… I wouldn’t want to be a pigeon or something, so maybe I’d be an eagle or a hawk. That’d be pretty badass.

HC: Is there anywhere in particular you’d fly to?

AG: I want to go to Southeast Asia. I want to spend enough time in a place that I get to know it. A few days really isn’t enough.

HC: What’s a fun place you’ve visited?

AG: Last summer, I spontaneously traveled around Europe with my friend Hannah. We didn’t make any concrete plans; we just went. When we were on a small Italian island, we actually found ourselves at a lemon festival. It was literally just a festival of lemons, and it was so random and weird. We were just kind of…there. I guess looking back, it was pretty cool. The best part is that it ended with a huge rager complete with lemon decorations.

HC: You’re involved in two Greek letter organizations: Theta Tau and Pi Beta Phi. Tell me about those.

AG: Theta Tau is an engineering fraternity I founded with a group of friends during my sophomore year. I like it because we’re all similar in that we’re engineers, but we’re still very different when it comes to what fields of engineering we’re interested in, and what our hobbies are. We’re also really fun and I enjoy hanging out as a group. This is the first semester that I’m on the executive board, so it’s becoming very real that I’m graduating soon.

And Pi Phi has been a really great way to meet some friends I wouldn’t have met otherwise. I also find that the sorority has held me accountable to do well in my classes and encouraged me to get involved with service.

HC: What’s been your favorite CWRU memory? 

AG: Honestly, any time I’m with my friends is a good memory. I love just hanging out with them. I especially like those long nights at the library that turn into social gatherings.

HC: What’s an important life lesson you’ve learned?

AG: Family comes first. People come and go, but your family will always be there for you. I learned that from my dad — he’s super supportive.

HC: Last but not least, who is your man crush, and who is your woman crush? 

AG: My man crush is Douglas Lee. And my woman crush? You, Temi.

Temi is a junior English major who loves programming with the University Program Board, competing on the Varsity Track and Field team, and being part of her wonderful sorority. She is a firm believer that the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body and language is the most powerful force in the universe.