Campus Celebrity: Sydney Eton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is the beautiful, intelligent, outgoing, and fun-loving Sydney Eton!

Name: Sydney Eton

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communication Sciences

Hometown: LA

Relationship Status: Single

Fun Fact: Sydney can recite the alphabet backwards in less than 5 seconds. She has also memorized the entire opening for Law and Order SVU.

Campus Involvement: Pi Beta Phi, The Call Center, Camp Kesem

HC: Why did you decide to get involved with Camp Kesem?SE: I wanted to find a way to directly make an impact. In the past, when I’ve wanted to help people, I found myself buying cupcakes from a bake sale, or donating to a cause. But, with Camp Kesem, I get to be a direct help and see the results in the kids I’m helping. I also think it’s awesome because I want to work with children. I love the way they see the world in such an innocent, beautiful light.

HC: Your major is very interesting. Why’d you choose it?SE: Coming in to college, I thought I’d be a lawyer. After taking some of the recommended courses, I realized it wasn’t for me. Then, I found Communication Sciences and I just loved it! I love all the stuff I’m learning about, and it gives me the chance to work with children with disabilities. I’ve spent a lot of time working with children with disabilities and I just know it’s what I want to do. Kids are my passion.

HC: If you could have one job forever, what would it be?SE: I’d be a social worker, for sure.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?SE: I like reading, binge watch TV, hanging out with friends, and just laughing and having a good time.

HC: Who is your Man Crush Monday? What about your Woman Crush Wednesday?SE: Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton – the power couple! But actually, my woman crush could be anyone. Any strong, independent woman who makes a success for herself has my respect.

HC: Last question: who is your role model?SE: My mom. She’s overcome more obstacles than a person could imagine, and has come out more successful than she could’ve thought. She’s my hero and my best friend.

Temi is a junior English major who loves programming with the University Program Board, competing on the Varsity Track and Field team, and being part of her wonderful sorority. She is a firm believer that the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body and language is the most powerful force in the universe.