Campus Celebrity: Liz Mercer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

Liz Mercer is quite the girl to know. You probably know her as the girl with super awesome red hair, but she’s also one of the most dedicated people you’ll ever meet. Liz decided to join the Greek community this year, as she has just become a new member of Tri Sigma, our newest chapter on campus! I had the pleasure of asking her a few questions about herself and her experience thus far. 

Year: Junior

Hometown: Dayton, OH

Major: Biochemistry and Spanish Premed.

Involvement on Campus: Tri Sigma, Camp Kesem.

Hobbies/Interests: Hooping with my roommate. Reading. Netflix. Making friendship bracelets. Singing in the shower. Online shopping.

Favorite Music: Hardcore/Pop Music.

Favorite Movie: Footloose (The 1970’s version, I hate the remake).

Favorite Restaurant in Cleveland: Happy Dog!

What made you want to go Greek? I don’t make friends with girls very easily, and formal recruitment was extremely scary to me. When I heard a new sorority was coming to campus, I wanted to see what was going on. 

What drew you to Tri Sigma? The girls are amazing. They are all super laid back. These are the type of girls with whom I could lay around my house in my sweat pants and they would help me finish all of my Chips Ahoy while watching Netflix. They are just super fun. I can really be myself around them.

What are you most looking forward to? I really want to start working on our philanthropy events. I’m so excited to see what Sigma Serves Children is all about. I’m also pumped to start friendships with all the girls from other grade levels here at case. 

What do you hope to get out of your Greek experience? I want to make some awesome friends here at case. Greek life is like a huge family. Everyone here is supportive of each other. I know that wherever I turn, someone will have my back.

Senior Nutrition Major at CWRU. On the Varsity Swim and Dive Team, and part of Delta Gamma Fraternity.