Campus Celebrity: Christina Momchev

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.
This week’s Campus Celeb is Christina Momchev!

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Hometown: Suburbs of chicago (palatine il) 

Major: BME

Relationship Status: Taken

Involvement on Campus: Alpha Phi director of formal recruitment, research in BME department, treasurer of SpartanTHON

Hobbies/Interests: Watching all the netflix and eating

Favorite Music: 90’s pop

Favorite Movie: Home alone because I’m a five year old

Favorite Restaurant in the Cleveland Area: BARIOSSS

Hero/Role Model: My big, Alex Smick. She does so much and is so amazing and understands me when I can’t even put sentences together. Case won’t be the same without her next year when she graduates.

What made you get involved with Spartanthon? I was super involved in high school and so when I was walking around the activity fair freshman year, I signed up for a bunch of random things. I went to a couple meetings and Spartanthon just managed to draw me in because I met some of the most passionate, involved, and amazing people on campus in the organization.

How did this past Saturday go? Did you ever imagine you’d help raise that much money? So well! We had so many more dancers sign up this year and so many of them came and stayed for the whole 12 hours of the marathon. This year everyone who came to the marathon was so excited to participate and very passionate about the cause. It was an amazing environment and I think that is how we raised so much money. I really see this becoming an even more prominent event on campus. In the past three years, it has been quickly picking up momentum but now that we have raised over $53,000 I think we have entirely reproved ourselves as a powerful organization to the campus and I’m excited to see how well next year goes!

What drew you towards pursuing your career path? I am currently trying to go to medical school to become a surgeon. How did I come up with this? Honestly, I just think it is such a fascinating field and would give me something to look forward to when I wake up every morning. I find the human body incredibly interesting.