Campus Celebrity: Actor Ren Weeden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is known for being a lead in numerous plays here at CWRU. As a familar face on the Eldred Stage, Ren has redifned acting expectations for our theatre program. He has played many diverse roles and is capable of acting any part he wishes. Aside from acting, Ren is caring, passionate, outgoing, modest, and is able to not only be a great friend but also bring out the very best in every person he surrounds.

HC: How did you first get involved in Theatre?

Ren: I did speech and debate in High School which had some acting components in it. After that it was love at first sight.

HC: What do you like best about being in school productions?

Ren: The community in school productions is amazing. I love the cast, the crew, and the audience.

HC: What is your favorite role you have ever played?

Ren: In high school I was in a One Act Show called The Shadow Man. I played the title character and it was amazing because I just got to scare people.

HC: Dream role?

Ren: My dream role is in between Billy Flinn from Chicago or Alexander Hamilton from Hamilton.

HC: What’s your spirit animal?

Ren: Lion, the best animal ever.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a significant other?

Ren: Witty, smart, kind, and caring.

HC: If you could be famous, what would you want to be famous for?

Ren: Changing the world.

HC: Dream Honeymoon spot?

Ren: Honestly, anywhere. It’s not about the place, it about the relationship.

HC: Your perfect date?

Ren: Night out on the town, restaurant hopping, seeing a musical and maybe an art show. Try to keep it classy

HC: Dream Job?

Ren: Supreme Court Chief Justice

HC: Advice for any CWRU on life?

Ren: Remember that you only get a few years in college. Regret nothing, and seize the day.

HC: Final fun fact?

Ren: I can whistle literally any song.