Campus Celebrities: The Koolaid Men

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

Meet Matt Plecha and Mike Pawelkowski. Both accounting majors at Case, together they form a DJ duo called The Koolaid Men. You may have heard their music before, as they have performed at Spot Night, Sparty, Springfest, and they were recently featured on the CWRU radio station! Always on it, always killing it. I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know them, and got to ask them a few questions about what they do.

Name:  Matt Plecha

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Hometown: Strongsville, OH 

Major: Accounting

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Hobbies/Interests: Music, sports, video games

Favorite Music: Dillon Francis, Kill The Noise, Feed Me, Kygo

Favorite Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy 

Hero/Role Model: Dillon Francis

[pagebreak] 

Name:  Michael Pawelkowski

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Hometown: Detroit, MI

Major: Accounting

Minor: Mathematics

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Involvement on Campus: IFC President, Member of Sigma Phi Epsilon

Hobbies/Interests: Golf, Basketball, DJing, Music Production, Listening to Music

Favorite Music: House, Deep House, Progessive House

Favorite Movie: Forest Gump

Hero/Role Model: Wills Barnett, deceased friend from high school

[pagebreak] 

How did you guys meet? We met through Matt’s brother Joe. Joe attended boarding school with Mike and during Mike’s junior year of high school we met.

When/how did you decide to start making music together? We met one weekend at Matt’s house and somewhat randomly decided we were going to make music together. Once we knew Matt was going to attend Case, we thought we would take it a little bit more seriously.

What is your favorite thing about making music? I think our favorite thing about making music is just allowing others to have fun and enjoy what we’re making. Nothing beats seeing the happiness or joy on someone’s face when they listen to what we are making.

What has been your favorite event to DJ so far? Our favorite event to DJ so far has probably been the SigEp house party of the Sparty. We love playing music in front of anyone and everyone so every event is a blast for us. 

Tell us about Mashup Mondays! Mashups Mondays is a series of releases we have planned for every Monday. Each Monday we are going to be releasing a new mashup on our soundcloud page. We already have several posted and encourage anyone to go check it out! 

https://soundcloud.com/the_koolaid_men

Do you have any plans for the future? We actually have a lot of different things coming up! The weekend of November 8th we have a lot going on. We will be traveling to SMU in Dallas, TX for a gig on November 8th then we have a DJ contest at Liquid Nightclub in downtown Cleveland, OH the next day. After that, we have the annual SigEp house party on November 22nd. Outside of gigs we are going to continue our Mashup Mondays and we are also going to be releasing a new mix every two weeks.

Senior Nutrition Major at CWRU. On the Varsity Swim and Dive Team, and part of Delta Gamma Fraternity.