Campus Celeb: Tyler Doty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

The celeb for this week is Tyler Doty!  Tyler is a third year Biology major from Hilliard, Ohio and is a huge Buckeye fan.  When all’s said and done, Tyler sees himself being an orthopedic surgeon.  I was able to catch up with him between classes.

HerCampus:  So what are you involved with on campus?

Tyler Doty:  I’m a defensive lineman on the football team as well as a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.

HC:  How do you spend your down time?

TD:  Nothing too extravagent, I enjoy working out, going to different restaurants, and taking long walks on the grand beaches of Lake Erie.  We all know how difficult it is to find down time, so when I do have it, I like to make it worth it.

HC:  Favorite movies? Any particular celebrity that you aspire to be like?

TD:  Iron Man and The Replacements.  Love the action.  Which is probably why I wouldn’t mind be Robert Downing Junior at some point in my life.  Not a lot of things better than flying around as Iron Man.

HC:  So as one who aspires to be like RDJ, how would you describe yourself?

TD:  I’ve never thought about that before, people have described me as stoic, stern, and oddly funny.  I think it’s attributed to my facial hair.

HC: As a successful to student athlete, what are your keys to success at Case Western?

TD:  Doing something outside of just studying and class work that can take my mind off of things and relax, and going out and having fun so that I’m not stressed 24/7.

HC:  Any last words of advice to all the readers?

TD:  If you believe it you’ll achieve it, but if you doubt it you’ll do without it.

HC:  Thanks for your time, take it easy.

TD:  Anytime, thanks for the opportunity.    

A member of the class of 2017 at Case Western Reserve University by way of your not so typical New England boarding school, Jeep Madison is double majoring in communication sciences and english with a minor in political science.  He is a brother of the fraternity, Phi Delta Theta, and a member of the Spartan football team.  A self proclaimed feminist, he feels very strongly about current events surrounding domestic violence and the integration of women into traditionally male social realms.  With so much indecision on what the future holds, Jeep is currently an aspiring trophy husband.