Campus Celeb: Danielle Turner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.
This week’s Campus Celebrity is none other than Danielle Turner! Danielle is one of the most passionate, involved, and well-rounded women I know, and her dedication to all that she does is truly inspiring. Read more about Danielle below:

Name: Danielle 
Age: 21
Year: Senior
Major: Political Science and Medical Anthropology
Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus: What’s the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
Danielle Turner: The most exciting moment of my life was probably when I got on a plane to leave the country for the first time. I went off to be an au pair in Spain, and it was extremely terrifying but exciting.

HC: Who’s your inspiration?
DT: The easy answer is my mom. She had a bit of a tough life up until she was a young adult, but she raised my sister and I keeping in mind that she wanted to make our lives great, and I really admire and respect her for it. I’m getting a tattoo in a few weeks in her honor.

Woman Crush Wednesday: Zooey Deschanel
Man Crush Monday: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Involvement on campus: Executive board of UPB, The Anthropology Student Association, Kappa Alpha Theta, CCEL scholar
Spirit Animal: I’ve been told I’m a labrador retriever, but if I could choose, I’d probably pick a whale

HC: Would you rather watch a TV episode or read a book?
DT: I’d rather read a book because you can imagine everything for yourself, and I think that’s pretty empowering. It also forces you to use your brain. But honestly, during the school year I’m so busy that I’d rather just watch TV while in the summer, I’d rather read a book.

HC: If money was out of the question, what would you spend the rest of your life doing?
DT: Traveling, easy.
Temi is a junior English major who loves programming with the University Program Board, competing on the Varsity Track and Field team, and being part of her wonderful sorority. She is a firm believer that the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body and language is the most powerful force in the universe.