Before Antarctica takes over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

If you’re a returning student at CWRU you know exactly what I mean when I mention antarctica. If you’re a freshmen, congratulations on getting admitted to Case! It’s an exciting time, but also a very cold one too. It’s hard enough going to class when it’s 10 ‘F outside, let alone going to explore the city with your friends. Most weekends will be spent in your room, snuggled up in your dressing robe with a mug hot chocolate and your laptop. So whether you’re an EDM plur raver, a food connoisseur, a fitness fanatic or an international student far from home, if you’re a lover of something, here are a few events that everyone can enjoy the next couple of weeks!

1. For the Art lovers

Fall Season Opening Night Party

The work of modern master Do Ho Suh is making its way to MOCA! The event will have monumental fabric replica of the artist’s former New York City apartment. Did I mention it’s free?

Where: MOCA

When: Friday, September 25 at 7PM

2. Something even the haters can enjoy: Food

Not into music? Not into art? Not into fitness? Well, there’s always room for loving food right? These three events will not only be great time for you to explore the city but also experience scrumptious food!

Night market cleveland

Where: Rockwell & East 21st

When: Friday, September 25th 5-11PM

Ohio City Street Festival

Where: 2525 Market Avenue

When: Sunday, September 27th 11AM-7PM

Crocker Park Food Truck Challenge

Where: Crocker Park

When: Saturday October 17th, 11AM-4PM

3. For the music Lovers

House of Blues

If you’re a fan of hip hop and rock, you’re going to like this one. Hollywood Undead and the Crown the Empire will be at the House of Blues! They even have an event going on on Facebook in which if you invite 20 friends, you have the potential of winning a free t-shirt! – Where: House of Blues, Cleveland

When: Thursday, October 8

Tickets are available here: http://cncrt.ly/6aS

Hingetown Hoedown

If you don’t want to want to spend money on tickets but still want to be surrounded by music and boogie vibes, fear not! I’m all about the free stuff. Hingetown Hoedown will be the first annual event this year in Ohio City featuring folk, bluegrass, roots & newgrass music. There will be a vast choices of food, craft beer, art vendors, and activities for the whole family! Best part, it’s free to get in.

Where: Hingetown, Cleveland

When: Saturday, October 3 1-10PM

4. For those who came across seas

International Cleveland Community Day

Missing home? No problem! Enjoy this FREE afternoon of global art and entertainment as more than 50 community organizations share their heritage through dynamic performance, music, and table displays. Mingle and learn about other cultures and your own just like at home! The whole family will enjoy hands-on activities, studio workshops, scavenger hunts, and the museum’s Art Cart, plus two stages of live music and dance.

Where: Cleveland Museum of Art

When: Sunday October 4, 11-4PM

5. For the astrology lovers and photographers

Full Moon Over Cleveland Cool Photo Op

So you finally got an awesome spanking brand new Canon DSLR but you barely get to use it while you’re studying your butt off at Case. Fear not, here’s an opportunity you can’t miss! It’s the “first full moon over Cleveland cool photo op”. This is a great chance to get a photo of the moon rising over the City Skyline from Upper Edgewater Park. You’ll want to get to Upper Edgewater about 30 to 45 minutes ahead of the moonrise to set up your gear.

Where: Edgewater Park

When: October 27-28th 6:15-9:15PM

5. For holiday lovers

Halloween Flea Market

Do you already have your halloween costume picked out? Have you already started pintresting pumpkin carving DIY? Then this one is for you! 20+ vendors will be selling horror VHS/DVDs, action figures, toys, and other novelties, handmade Halloween arts and crafts, home decor, gifts, taxidermy, and tons more. Costumes are encouraged so go all out and have fun!

Where: Now That’s Class, 11213 Detroit Avenue

When: Saturday, October 17, 2-7PM

6. And last but not least, for those who don’t like to move. At all. Not even to class.

No worries, if you’re on north side, you won’t even have to walk the distance to get to class on the quad. The event is at Corner alley, the bowling center across from MOCA. “Cocktail Muse” is a 1960s themed cocktail party with great music, food, and art. Unfortunately, it’s a 21+ event; however, I’m guessing if you don’t like to move and don’t have the energy to go to class it’s because you’re old, deteriorating, and your muscles can’t bare the walk to the quad after 3+ years of college. The tickets are $30, but just skip a few bubble teas from Kenko, a mitchell’s date here and there, and maybe skip that Tobi order you were about to confirm and viola, you have a great night bowling with your friends. One ticket includes 6 drinks, complimentary food nibbles, and an hour of bowling (limited spaces)! Totally worth it in my book.

Where: Corner Alley

When: Friday, October 2 at 8:00pm

http://muse.clevescene.com/

Nicole is a junior studying nutritional biochemistry and psychology. She soon hopes to obtain a driver's license, because she will cry if she has to carry around her passport for much longer.