Your Lollapalooza 2018 Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carthage chapter.

One of the hottest music festivals is only a few short months away for Midwesterners (or anyone who prefers to travel to Chicago for Lollapalooza). Soon, people will be running wild and free through Grant Park from stage to stage to listen to new music from some of the biggest artists today. Headliners include Bruno Mars, The Weeknd and Arctic Monkeys, so there are plenty of artists suit the music preferences of everyone who snagged their wristbands this year. So, in order to prep you for the four days of fun, we compiled a list of the top songs (according to Spotify) of the first 10 headliners listed on the poster!

1. The Weeknd: “Call Out My Name”

This song will have you all up in the feels.

2. Bruno Mars: “Finesse (Remix) [feat. Cardi B]

We didn’t know we needed Cardi B’s iconic verse, but we did.

3. Jack White: “Lazaretto”

Yes, the dude from The White Stripes!

4. Arctic Monkeys: “Do I Wanna Know?”

They have a new album coming out in a few days, but we will definitely appreciate their older songs!

5. Travis Scott: “goosebumps”

He’s had a lot of growing up to do this year, but you won’t want to pass on his performance.

6. The National: “I Need My Girl”

Your playlist “needs” this song.

7. Vampire Weekend: “A-Punk”

You know this song. Trust me.

8. ODESZA: “Sun Models (feat. Madelyn Grant)”

Not your typical dance music! You’ll be vibing so hard.

9. Logic: “Everyday”

He’s been putting out hits left and right.

10. Post Malone: “Better Now”

New music, more fun (and feels). Hopefully, an official video will be uploaded to YouTube soon!

See ya August 2-5 in Grant Park!

Amanda graduated from Carthage College with a Bachelor's degree in both Communications and Public Relations. She also proudly served as the Editor in Chief of her college's Her Campus chapter, and as a Her Campus Editorial Intern. She is from Chicago, Illinois, which she can confirm is indeed a windy city. Today she can still be found furiously tapping away at her laptop keys and producing content for the internet. In her spare time she enjoys reading books (before watching their Netflix or movie adaptions), running for fun (yes, it can be fun) and spending time with her friends and family.