Culture > News

Upcoming Events to Support Your Fellow Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carthage chapter.

As we near the end of the year, the work doesn’t stop. In fact, for some, it’s the busiest time of their semester, and it’s easy to get burned out. Often times, support is one of the only things that can keep people motivated to stay working, and hard work going unnoticed is one of the worst feelings in the world. With that in mind, consider checking out some of the following upcoming events to support the students involved.

Opera Workshop: “From Vienna to Venice: A Celebration of Mozart and Operetta

This performance takes place in the H. F. Johnson Center for Fine Arts Recital Hall on May 5 at 2 pm. The concert is free and open to the public.

Percussion Ensemble Concert

The percussion ensemble will be performing in the A. F. Siebert Chapel on May 7 at 7:30 pm.

Student Dance Concert, “Away From The Mirror”

This performance, completely choreographed by students, opens in the Wartburg Auditorium at 7:30 pm on May 10 and will also be available to see on May 11 at 7 pm. Tickets are required for entry. They cost 14 dollars for adults and 8 dollars for students and seniors.

Fifth Annual Art Walk

This event showcases senior studio art and graphic design students and takes place from 1 pm to 4 pm on May 11, located in the H. F. Johnson Art Gallery.

Philharmonic Concerto Concert

Carthage’s Philharmonic will be performing in the A. F. Siebert Chapel at 7:30 pm on May 11.

Spring Choral Concert

Carthage’s choirs will be performing at 2 pm on May 12 in the A. F. Siebert Chapel. This is free and open to the public!

Wind Orchestra and Concert Band

These groups will perform on May 17 at 7:30 pm in the Siebert Chapel.

Honors Recital

The Honors Recital will take place on May 19 in the A. F. Siebert Chapel at 2 pm.

Nursing Class Pinning Ceremony

The nursing class of 2019 will have their pinning ceremony in the Todd Wehr Center, room 128, on May 25 at 1 pm.

Graduation!

The graduating class of 2019 will hold their commencement all day on May 26.

Don’t let everyone’s hard work go unnoticed! Support your fellow students as they show off their work to the public this last month of the semester.

Emily is a senior at Carthage College double majoring in English, with an emphasis in creative writing, and theatre, with an emphasis in costume design. She has also studied writing at Columbia University in the City of New York and The Second City - Chicago. Some of Emily's talents include eating large portions of pasta, quoting 80s romantic comedies, and unwanted Louis Armstrong impressions. These will all be very useful for her future career in television writing and producing.
Jane Eckles

Carthage '19

Jane graduated from Carthage College in May 2019 with a degree in English and Secondary Education. She is from Merced, California, which is close enough to San Fransisco for her to confirm that the City by the Bay is her absolute favorite. When she's not teaching or writing articles, she can be found collecting any book she can get her hands on, watching Netflix, staring mindlessly into the void, or napping.