This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carthage chapter.

Finding the perfect skin-care regimen is complicated, to say the least. Everyone has a different skin type: dry, oily, acne-prone, etc. Depending on your skin type, you have to adjust accordingly and find things that work and things that don’t. But skin doesn’t have to be so complicated when you have face masks for every skin type and skin goal. Let’s all make it a goal to glow this year. We all deserve to glow this upcoming spring and summer, so here are five face masks (using many ingredients you can find right in your kitchen) that your skin will thank you for.

For all face masks below: Mix the listed ingredients together in a bowl and apply to face with a facial brush or cotton ball. Leave on for 10-20 minutes and rinse with warm water. Once the mask is completely washed off, rinse your face with cold water, then moisturize.

Acne-Prone Skin

Ingredients:

3 tbsp of dried oats

1 tbsp organic honey (warm it up)

1-2 drops of tea tree oil

Oily Skin

Ingredients:

2 tbsp of Aztec Indian clay mask

2 tsp of apple cider vinegar

2 tsp witch hazel

*Amounts may vary depending on whether you prefer the mask to be thicker or thinner.*

Dry Skin

Ingredients:

1 ½ tbsp coconut oil

1 tbsp cocoa powder

1 tbsp organic honey (warm it up)

½ tbsp oatmeal

Combination Skin

Ingredients:

¼ ripe avocado

1 tbsp coconut oil

2-4 drops of tea tree oil

Glowing Skin

Ingredients:

1 tbsp of aloe vera from an aloe vera plant (aloe vera gel works as well)

2 tsp of organic honey (warm it up)

1 tbsp of coconut oil

1 tsp rose water

Take 10 minutes out of your day this week for a little self-care with one of these face masks. Your skin won’t regret it.

Nateya is a junior at Carthage College majoring in Criminal Justice with a minor in Spanish from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In her free time she enjoys reading, and writing articles for her own personal blog.
Jane Eckles

Carthage '19

Jane graduated from Carthage College in May 2019 with a degree in English and Secondary Education. She is from Merced, California, which is close enough to San Fransisco for her to confirm that the City by the Bay is her absolute favorite. When she's not teaching or writing articles, she can be found collecting any book she can get her hands on, watching Netflix, staring mindlessly into the void, or napping.