Carthage Drag Show to Raise Money for LGBTQ+ Youth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carthage chapter.

Get ready, because drag queens are coming to Carthage College on Thursday, December 14th! Kappa Phi Eta, Phi Kappa Sigma and Tau Sigma Chi teamed up with Courage MKE to bring a professional drag show to campus and raise money for homeless LGBTQ+ youth in our community. 

On Thursday, December 14th at 7:30 p.m., come to the TARC Field House for Heels for Hope, a drag show that features professional drag queens and Carthage volunteers (a.k.a. drag virgins!). Admission is $3 (the tickets are in the form of a bracelet purchased at the Student Union or Einstein’s in the weeks before) and will give you access to two hours of fierce entertainment! In addition to the queens, there will be a silent auction and information about the tragic homelessness facing LGBTQ+ youth in the Milwaukee area.

Photo courtesy of Kappa Phi Eta

All proceeds from the event will go toward Courage MKE, an organization devoted to providing housing and life-changing services to members of the LGBTQ+ community who have been cast out of their homes. Currently, Courage MKE is working to raise money for The Courage House, which provides counseling, medical help, employment resources and a place to stay for Milwaukee area teenagers. Money raised from Heels for Hope will allow Courage MKE to offer their services to even more LGBTQ+ youth in need.

Make sure you get your rainbow bracelet this week so you can attend the first-ever Carthage Heels for Hope drag show at 7:30 p.m. on December 14th! If you have any questions, contact Dani Rodriguez or any K Phis, SKULLs or Turtles!

Rep image courtesy of Pixabay

Taylor Beck is a junior at Carthage College majoring in Elementary Education and minoring in Political Science. When she needs a break from wild first graders, Taylor spends her time cross stitching, binge watching The Office (again), or going to Taco Belle with her sisters of Kappa Phi Eta.