10 Reasons Cheryl Blossom From ‘Riverdale’ is Your Spirit Animal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carthage chapter.

Any Riverdale fan can tell you that Cheryl Blossom is not your average popular girl. She has sass, depth, intelligence and killer style. Along with all of these amazing qualities, she’s also the head cheerleader of the River Vixens and is basically the richest girl in town. She slices and dices anyone who tries to cross her, and everyone loves to hate her. She also has strong compassion for others in her own, twisted way. Her character has many different sides and hasn’t had the easiest life, but that doesn’t stop her. You might even start to realize that you share some personality traits with her.

1. Cheryl is a leader.

GIF courtesy of Giphy

Cheryl is the head cheerleader of the River Vixens and commands their attention at every practice. She always takes the lead in every situation and always seems like she knows what to do. People naturally follow her.

2. She marches to the beat of her own drum.

Cheryl has a very unique personality and never apologizes for it. She’s an individual.

3. She doesn’t care what other people think.

GIF courtesy of Giphy

Cheryl isn’t your average girl, but she couldn’t care less. If you don’t like her, too bad, she’ll still sleep at night.

4. She gets things done.

Cheryl doesn’t have time to waste, so when there’s a task at hand, she doesn’t procrastinate. Whether it’s searching for her brother’s killer or teach the next River Vixens routine, she’s always on top of what she needs to do.

5. She has insane style (aka the spider brooch).

Cheryl’s signature look involves a lot of red and black colors, short skirts, tall heeled boots and her infamous spider brooch. Her style is edgy and avant-garde with a hint of danger. She always comes in ready to slay.

6. She puts people in their place.

Cheryl not only speaks up for herself, but for others, too. If someone is giving her an issue, she’s not shy about how she feels (especially if you’re a South Side Serpent). She marks her territory and takes no prisoners.

7. She’s a good dancer and singer and she knows it.

GIF courtesy of Giphy

Aside from being the head River Vixen, she has also sung with the Pussycats. She brings every bit of her personality into how she performs and she always kills it.

8. She takes her life into her hands. She’s in charge of her own destiny.

Cheryl is not one to sit around and wait for life to work itself out. If she wants something, she’s going to take it.

9. Her makeup is always on point.

GIF courtesy of Giphy

Cheryl’s bold red lip is key. It’s fierce and goes along with her red theme.

10. She lives for the drama so much that sometimes she creates it

GIF courtesy of Giphy

Cheryl enjoys turning real-life situations into soap operas. She’ll never stay out of drama and loves to know what’s going on with everyone.

On the inside, we’re all Cheryl Blossom. There’s good and evil inside all of us. So, let your inner Cheryl out! She slays life one step at a time. She stands up for herself and makes sure she gets her way. We can learn a thing or two from our inner Cheryl. So, put on your red lipstick and spider brooch and go kill the game! Your inner Cheryl can be the voice of reason from this point forward.

Rep image courtesy of Pexels

Noelle Jay is a junior at Carthage College with a major in Music Theatre and a minor in Dance. She is a member of the Carthage Women's Ensemble, Alpha Psi Omega, the honorary theatre fraternity, and is the choreographer for Maximum Capacity, the male acapella group on campus. When she is not in rehearsal or the dance studio, she can be found watching "Riverdale" with friends, drinking a grande sugar free vanilla latte with soy milk, or lifting weights at the gym. She is also involved in many theatrical productions on campus.