kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

7 Ways To Stay Healthy This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carroll chapter.

Overnight it seems that we have jumped headfirst into a good ole Wisconsin winter. Gone are the crisp fall nights and here are the runny noses and frostbitten fingers. So how do we stay healthy in the winter? How do we prevent the awful sickness that comes with the first snowfall? Look no further! We have compiled a list of 7 ways to stay healthy this winter!

Clean Your Room 

Not to sound like your mom, but cleaning your room is not only a healthy habit to get into, it’s also one that will keep you healthy. 

Get Plenty of Sleep 

We’re college students and we understand how difficult this can be. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep each night but if you can’t we love a good nap.

Stay Active 

This may sound like the last thing you want to do when it feels like it’s -100 degrees outside. Take one of the many classes offered at RecSports or study while walking at the YMCA.

Dress Warm

Again, not to sound like your mom but please remember your gloves, hat and scarf. The warmer you dress, the easier it is to keep your body heat inside and to keep yourself warm.

Listen To Your Body 

When you begin to feel run down, listen to your body. Take a day or an hour to relax. Make some tea and destress.

Stay Hydrated 

Drink plenty of water. Nothing good comes out of being dehydrated.

Wash Your Hands 

We 100% sound like a parent with this one. But seriously just wash your hands, keep the germs out and the healthy in.

So whether you are walking to class or decided to stay inside, use some of our tips to stay helathy (and warm) in this cold weather!

Hannah is currently studying Communication and Photography at Carroll University. Hannah is passionate about her faith, traveling, and exploring new brunch spots. After college, she hopes to continue writing.