Screen Shot 2019 10 17 at 45045 PMpng?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Screen Shot 2019 10 17 at 45045 PMpng?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
picture by: Hannah Carroll
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Fun, Local and Affordable Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carroll chapter.

Welcome back to campus! Gone are the summer nights at the drive-in with your boo or the city trips with your SO, but who said coming back to campus meant leaving the romance behind? Maybe your boyfriend or girlfriend is on campus with you, or maybe you’re planning their next visit to Waukesha. Either way, we have you covered! 

We’ve compiled a list of 5 fun, local (and best of all) affordable date ideas!

People’s Park

A downtown Waukesha classic. Centered in the heart of downtown, People’s Park is not only a must eat-at-kind of a restaurant, but it also is one of the few restaurants downtown with rooftop seating. Whether you’re into Sunday morning brunch or grabbing dinner after classes, People’s Park is the date location for you! Check out their amazing menu here!

Steaming Cup

If anyone knows me, they know that coffee is the foundation of my food pyramid. So you know I love a good coffee shop date. One of my favorite coffee shops, located in downtown Waukesha, is the Steaming Cup! Not only do they have amazing coffee, teas, smoothies, sandwiches, and pastries, but they also host live music on Friday and Saturday nights starting at 7pm. 

Waukesha Farmers Market 

Who doesn’t love a fresh and local Farmers Market? The market runs Saturday mornings starting in May and lasts through October! By far this is my favorite farmers market I have ever been to. Not only do they have amazing (and hot off the grill) street waffles, but they have fresh cut bouquets for as low as $8! 

Majestic Cinemas 

The classic date night = the movies. Marcus Majestic Cinema in Brookfield is the best movie theater around! Each theater has DreamLoungers (the really comfy recliners) and certain theaters offer dining options!  For a college-friendly budget check out Marcus Majestic on Tuesday for $5 movies and $5 movies on Thursday for students!

Waukesha RiverWalk

Close to campus, we have the RiverWalk (bonus: this is completely free)! If you’re looking to take in historic downtown Waukesha with your date, look no further! This trail runs along the Fox River and loops near the baseball diamond, picnic shelter, and observation decks! The RiverWalk is the perfect place to find romance, without ever spending a dollar. 

Which is your favorite place for a date? Is it in our top 5? Send us your best dates from around campus/Waukesha area @ hc.carroll@hercampus.com!

Hannah is currently studying Communication and Photography at Carroll University. Hannah is passionate about her faith, traveling, and exploring new brunch spots. After college, she hopes to continue writing.