This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

2024 Is the year for Ariana Grande fans as she is releasing her seventh album and her new movie. Those who have endured the content drought are wickedly excited for her comeback.

“Arianators” such as myself understand the need for patience while being a fan over the last four years. With her halt in releasing new music since 2020, when her album “Positions” was released, fans have felt the lack of content. Ariana has been a busy woman though as she spent these last few years focusing on her makeup brand r.e.m. beauty, and dedicating her time to her new movie, the musical Wicked. We have been patiently waiting for her comeback to music and to our surprise, she’s finally making one, starting with the release of her single “yes, and?” on January 12. 

It all began with an Instagram post on December 7, 2023, featuring a series of seven photos of Ariana in the studio, seemingly working on new music.

Celebrities in the comment section shared their excitement for her new music with stars like Selena Gomez and Billie Eilish leaving comments saying “FINALLY” and “UN MUTE PLS”.

Following that post began the release of new teasers for her music continuing on December 17, and 27. Fans picked up on a potential theme in her release dates, making them anticipatory for each “7th” day to follow. This seems to be a fun way for Ariana to excite fans and make a play on this being her seventh studio album.

One of her posts consisted of a video of her on a couch, exhausted, laughing and crying after all her hard work, being asked by a collaborator to describe how she’s feeling. She responds with, “I’m so happy and grateful, I just also feel like I weigh 3,000 tons.”

The singer began preparation for her release by teasing content with photos wearing a crewneck sweater with the words “yes, and?” written on the front. On January 7, Ariana announced this to be the title of a new single to be released on January 12.

Along with new music, Ariana Grande fans have much to look forward to this year, as her movie Wicked in which she is playing the iconic role of Glinda, will be released on November 24, 2024. For those of us who have been following her for a long time, we know that this is her dream role. For Ariana growing up as a Broadway child who has aspired to be in Wicked forever, this a very exciting time in her career.

Ariana said in an interview with Zach Sang in 2019, “I would do anything,” when asked about performing in Wicked. She says the musical reminds her of childhood and growing up, saying when she was young and met Kristin Chenoweth who played Glinda in the original Broadway show, it was “one of the most exciting moments of [her] life.”

This makes waiting for the movie all the more exciting because we know her performance as Glinda will come from the heart. Maybe we will hear some of those Broadway vocals in her new album! She’s a singer and actress who knows how to keep her fans on the edge of their seats.

I think I can speak for us all, that we are excited to see what comes next for AG7. Are you excited? I’m excited.

Elizabeth Mason is a second-year Journalism student at Carleton University. She grew up in Fort Erie, Ontario, a small town on the Niagara River. She loves reading, writing and especially loves music. You can usually find her with her friends in a coffee shop. She hopes to one day sing for a large crowd or be found on the television screen as a news anchor. She loves to write about entertainment, culture, and music, but is passionate about her work and is happy to dive deeper into topics out of her comfort zone.