The Top 10 Christmas Gifts for Twenty Somethings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Dear Santa….

What you might find on a Christmas wish list of students in their 20s

With the holiday season in full swing and Christmas just around the corner it’s the most wonderful time of year again. Our favourite coffee shops have launched their red cups of cheer and stores are luring us in with perfected marketing campaigns.

As we brace for finals and the hustle and bustle of the holidays, there is no harm in putting that Christmas list out a little early. Having trouble with what you need this year?

Here is a list of ten things twenty-somethings might ask Santa for in 2012:

1. CONCERT TICKETS: A new year around the corner is an invitation to make sure you see all the bands you didn’t get to see last year. Whether you’re dying to see J.Biebs make another Ottawa appearance or see Swedish House Mafia  in February, concert tickets to any performance ensures a good time and an excuse to make homemade t-shirts decked out with creativity and love for your favourite artists.  Plus, it’s way better than re-watching the videos on YouTube.

1. TELEVISION DVD SETS: If you haven’t heard of the book of ‘Phil-osophy’ make sure you add the Modern Family DVD set to your Christmas list of necessities. DVD sets seem to be topping the list of most twenty year olds so they can avoid the annoying download speeds of Putlocker and Sockshare.  Plus, you can’t go wrong with those special features – bloopers for the win!

1. Gloves, winter coats, boots, socks, scarves &onesies: So, it’s winter and we’re stuck with the snow, wind and slush for another four months. It’s no surprise that warm weather gear is one of the top things on the list. Tis the season for sweaters, hoodies and lots and lots of SOCKS. Layers are your friend and there is absolutely no shame in rocking a onesie.

1. Panini press and kitchen gear: While trying to stay warm with all those layers it doesn’t hurt to have some comfort food at your disposal. Panini presses, tea kettles and big pots to cook up some soup and chilli are super handy this time of year. Especially after December when everyone’s bank accounts are dwindling, make dinner for your girls and have a night in.  Leave the takeout for another night!

1. BLING: Sometimes all it takes is an accessory (or two!) to completely change the look of an outfit.  Watches, earrings, bracelets and necklaces are that little touch of simplicity that can complement an entire wardrobe. Take risks this year and add those beaded earrings to your list!

1. NHL lockout to end: It’s been a long few months waiting for this to end. Watching pre-season and playoff hockey was one of the few things that made winter actually bearable. With no commentary from Don Cherry and the Leafs trying yet again to make the playoffs it’s been a sad, lonely few months for us hockey fans.

1. Gift cards, pre-paid Visas: These little beauties are wallet size and are perfect for the craziness and cheapness of Boxing Day shopping. Or save them and stock up on those miscellaneous items like ink, milk and more socks for the rest of the year. Spare yourself from getting clothing a few sizes too big or small and go for the gold! Gift cards are the gift that just keeps on giving.

1. iPods, iPhones: With a hard-drive slowly losing memory capabilities after midterms, finals and papers it’s no surprise that the gift of technology is on the list of many students. Add it to your list and don’t feel embarrassed taking those new selfies that officially declare your new gadget YOURS. Deck your new phone with a funky case and embrace your inner geekness.

1. Holiday getaway/outing: Nothing wrong with starting the New Year with a little vacation or spa getaway. After surviving finals and a stressful season of shopping and waiting in lines, you deserve a massage or two. Feel the stress begin to melt away by adding this to the top of your list.

1. World peace: Just remember what Gracie Hart told us in Miss. Congeniality:  the most important thing for our society is harsher punishment for parole violators….and world peace!

image source : http://www.soundproofmagazine.com/images/articles/4830/CharlieBrown.jpg