This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Hometown: North Bay, ON
Relationship status: In a relationship
Year: Class of 2012
Major: Business, Concentration in Accounting

What do you miss most about home? I miss the lake, we used to go swimming all the time. There were beaches and we could go throw Frisbees and stuff and go run in the water.

What are some of your favourite activities? I like to run, I like to swim, I like to read books sometimes—I just finished reading The Hunger Games, the first book, I haven’t started the second or third one yet.

Do you like to travel? If so what’s your fave place? I got to say my favorite place is France because I keep going back there. But in the winter I like travelling to hot places. I am going to Cuba this winter. I am going with my lover [laughs].

You said your family has a lemur. What’s it like?  It’s like a little kid because it has diapers and it’s so cute. It’s like a crazy little kid, hyperactive and stuff.

What do you like in a guy? I like when they’re reliable, if they say they’re going be there, they show up. They have to be kind of spontaneous and adventurous.

Craziest thing you have done for love: I moved in with my boyfriend and that’s the craziest thing I have ever done pretty much.

What is a major turnoff in a guy? There this one guy I met once and I really didn’t like him—he was a huge jock, but not a jock, he was obsessed with sports! I have to know that I am more important than the hockey game!

Have you ever had a bad date? There was this guy and I only went on two dates with him. The first date was pretty good, we went for dinner and then he took me bowling and then he walked me home, all the way home. And so the first date was pretty good. And then the second date he came and picked me up, so that was good, at least I didn’t have to meet him anywhere, he actually came and picked me up) but then we just went back to his place and watched TV and it was so boring! 

What’s a good date with your guy? Something kind of physical, not just going out for dinner. So like going on an adventure first. You can put dinner in there somewhere but after some sort of adventure. Either like bowling, skating or going for long romantic walks on the beach [laughs].

What was the worst Valentine’s Day? Well a while ago, me and my friend Katie, we were both single and I guess when we were together we were just hardcore feminists saying “we don’t need guys!”  So on Valentine’s Day we got together and just bitched about our lives and ate chocolate and hated boys.

Can you describe the best Valentine’s Day you have had? It was my first Valentine’s Day with my boyfriend and I had gone to Scotland. I had been there since September, so I had been there for a while. And because there was a time difference, he had to find a flower place in Scotland on the internet and call them on the phone long-distance and order the flowers. So it’s Valentine’s Day and there’s a time change so I don’t know when I am going to be able to talk to my boyfriend. And I figured I would get a card in the mail or something. So it was getting to be dinner time and I go out to my last class and I come back from class and there’s this bouquet of flowers sitting in front of my bedroom door because it had arrived while I was gone! So that made my day.

Jasmine Williams is a fourth-year Journalism major, pursuing a minor in Film Studies at Carleton University. An internship at a recently launched online magazine prepared her for her new, exciting role as Campus Correspondent for Carleton University. She is never too far away from her iPhone and in her spare time, you can find her scrolling through various tumblr blogs while listening to Kings of Leon. After university, she hopes to pursue a career in online journalism.