This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

With Netflix coming out with great new reality shows like Cheer and Love is Blind, you may be searching for some new reality shows to check out on the platform. I love a good reality show, here are some of my top suggestions. 

Selling Sunset

If you like: House Hunters and Real Housewives

This show is a personal favourite. It honestly has it all, beautiful homes in Los Angeles and classic reality tv drama. With eight roughly half-hour episodes you can easily finish this show in a week… or a weekend. Selling Sunset follows the lives of women who work at one of the best real estate brokerages in Los Angeles and sell homes to the rich and famous.

Instant Hotel

If you like: House Hunters International 

Set in Australia, Instant Hotel follows teams of homeowners who have transformed their homes into hotels by using Airbnb or other services. Each team stays at one another’s home and rates their stay to determine the winner of best “instant hotel”. This show already has two seasons on Netflix and a great cast of characters for each season. The homes that are featured include everything from a retro 50s-themed home to a beach-side party house.  

Yummy Mummies

If you like: Real Housewives

This is essentially the mom-to-be version of the real housewives. Set in Australia, this show has beautiful landscapes and an entertaining cast. Yummy Mummies has two seasons and is honestly just mindless fun; it features fancy parties and silly drama.

Styling Hollywood

If you like: Project Runway

Styling Hollywood follows a Los-Angeles based couple, one is an interior designer and the other is a stylist. Both work with celebrity clients like Yara Shahidi, Serena Williams and Gabrielle Union. This show covers both of their interesting jobs as well as their personal lives. With just eight episodes, this show is fun and easy to watch.

Skin Wars

If you like: Project Runway 

This show is definitely the most “out there” of the bunch. Essentially, it is a body painting competition where contestants complete weekly challenges in a similar fashion to Project Runway. While the premise may seem a bit strange, the artistry of the contestants and the drama they bring will keep you watching.

I hope you can find something that interests you in this list to watch to help you unwind.