Michael Zadra, ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Name: Michael Zadra
Major/Year: Computer Engineering, 2nd year

What are your future goals?
I’ve got a realistic goal and an unrealistic goal. The realistic goal is to work for Google, in any department there. The unrealistic goal is to become a rockstar.

What instruments do you play?
I play guitar and I sing.

Do you write your own music?
I do. I write and I mix and master a lot. I edit my own music.

Current music obsession?
I’ve really been into Chris Cornell’s solo stuff. He’s the lead singer for Soundgarden and Audioslave. He has a really unique voice and an insance vocal range. And I have to do a shout out to Queens of the Stone Age’s “Like Clockwork.” Best album of the year.

What was the last movie you saw that you really liked?
Can I say a TV show? Because I just finished the Breaking Bad finale, and everything in it was perfect. The ending was perfect. They really knew when to end it, too. They didn’t drag it on like they did with Dexter.

Tell me about your personal style.
Style is what mom bought. What did mom bring home from the mall today? [Laughs].  Actually my style is really laid back and casual. Nothing too fancy and nothing too hipster.

What’s your idea of a perfect date?
First, we’re hanging out, having a cup of coffee. Its summer time, her hair’s flowing in the wind, my hair is flowing. [Laughs]. For the day, we’d do anything that involves going on a scenic adventure. Someplace interesting, really beautiful scenery.

For nighttime, we’d go to a nice restaurant or bar and get some drinks, get comfortable, then proceed to copious amounts of mutually fun “activities.”

Coffee or tea?
I used to be a tea guy, but then I enrolled in computer engineering. Now I drink coffee.

What are you going to be for Halloween?
I want to be Jonny Bravo. Going to get the black T-shirt, style my hair up, go on steroids for a few weeks. [Laughs].