This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Have you heard about one of Netflix’s latest reality dating shows? Heterosexuals are crazy!

Love is Blind is an epic, 10-episode reality series that strives to determine whether or not love is really blind. Does it achieve this progressive and bold goal of matching soulmates for life without ever having them see each other? Eh… it may be up to your own interpretation once you’re finished watching it. Here’s how it all goes down:

Twenty gorgeous singles roll up to what I assume is a large Netflix studio. Ten men are held on one side complete with pool tables and lots of bro-y decor. The women are housed in a separate area with lots of wine, fluffy pillows and of course, crying. Oh, to ponder a life without gender norms… we would be deprived of such content!

The first thing to note here is that everyone is hot. Every single one fits the conventional standards of Western beauty. All the men are masculine and buff and have impeccably stylized facial hair. The women look like they just walked off a shoot at Vogue and have dinner with Leonardo Di Caprio later in the evening. Honestly, I respect it!

Then, they go to the pods. 

Oh, the pods! The weirdest and most uncomfortable, yet engaging aspect of the show. Similar to a car wreck, you shouldn’t watch…but you can’t look away. The pods essentially flip the dating app generation on its head. The guys and girls are in these small, chic rooms, (equipped with snacks!) separated by a crystallized wall: thin enough to hear someone talk on the other side but not enough to see what they look like.

After conversational blunders (one guy starts off the date by saying, “you sound African American. Are you African American?”) and deep chats about their biggest fears and hopes, some couples decide to get engaged after just a few times chatting, and yes, NEVER SEEING EACH OTHER. 

Like I said, heterosexuals are crazy!

Following the proposals are a big, emotional reveal. Some women are less than elated that their fiances are rather short, or surprised to find out they’re in an interracial relationship. Such is life, on Love is Blind.

The couples then jet off sunny Mexico where the goal of this tropical getaway is to turn the couple’s emotional relationship into a physical one. We get it, sinners.

After the vacation and a few weeks reintegration back into society as a couple, their wedding days arrive and they have to decide whether or not to say ‘I do.’ Couples have to consider their relatively newfound physical attraction – or lack thereof. Some have significant age gaps, and first-time interracial relationships are tested, among other things. Then there’s also the whole, ‘I’ve known this person for a month,’ thing.

Couples only reveal their true feelings for each other at the ALTAR. I was sweating at this point folks. Not to spoil, (maybe just a bit) but to hear one fiance say “I do” followed by a “I do…not” you never saw coming is exhilarating, a little bit sad, and a lot hilarious. It sucks for those people, I imagine, though. 

Love is Blind is a rollercoaster that I, without mere contemplation, dedicated 10 hours of my gay life to. I have no regrets and rate it a solid 8/10 for entertainment value. Love is Blind really proved that if they put 20 stunning, insufferable and equally narcissistic heterosexuals together, a few ought to click in the cringiest ways possible.

Belle is in her fourth and final year studying Journalism and Humanities at Carleton University. She is president and chapter coordinator for HC Carleton and is so excited to publish some incredible content this year along with the rest of the team and writers. When she isn't writing or managing things for the chapter, you can probably find her out for a run, in for a nap or watching the latest true crime doc on Netflix.