HC Carleton Style Blog Contest!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Do you consider the unicentre your catwalk? Do you dream of being spotted by the Sartorialist?

We want you!

Enter our “Style Blog Contest” to see how your look stacks up against the competition!

The entry with the most votes will win a $50 gift certificate to Victoire!

TO ENTER: Submit a good-quality photo (at least 350px) of yourself in an outfit of your choice. Include your full name, major and year, and a sentence describing your style. Please specify that your entry is for the “HCCarleton Style Blog Contest”. You must be a Carleton University student to enter. Photos that are already on the website are not eligible. All Entries must be received via email at carletonhercampus@gmail.com by 11:59 pm EST on April 12, 2013.

TO VOTE: Comment or ‘like’ the participant’s picture in the “HCCarleton Style Blog Contest” photo album on our Facebook page. A comment counts as two votes and a ‘like’ as one. The picture with the most votes wins!

ABOUT VICTOIRE:

Opened in June of 2006, Victoire offers a well-edited mix of ideas and trends – mixing edgy wares with more classic pieces, owners Régine and Katie create a one-of-a-kind shopping experience. Focusing primarily on Canadian designers, mixing in a select few American designers, the store’s aesthetic point can only be described as a “Rock ’n’ Roll tea party”. The result is a shopping experience akin to going through your most stylish friend’s closet – you know, the one who always manages to look great, but effortless at the same time, and is always mixing old with new, high with low, tradition with transgression?

Loved by rebel girls and boys with good manners everywhere, Victoire is a shop obsessed with anything made-in-Canada, supercute, gold or embroidered.

Photo sources: http://www.merrimentstyle.com,…

Jasmine Williams is a fourth-year Journalism major, pursuing a minor in Film Studies at Carleton University. An internship at a recently launched online magazine prepared her for her new, exciting role as Campus Correspondent for Carleton University. She is never too far away from her iPhone and in her spare time, you can find her scrolling through various tumblr blogs while listening to Kings of Leon. After university, she hopes to pursue a career in online journalism.