Golden Globes: Top 10 Best Dressed

On Sunday, January 12th, the unbelievably talented and unfairly beautiful stars of the year’s greatest television and films hit the red carpet in Los Angeles for the 71st Golden Globe awards. The Golden Globes mark the official start of Awards season, and with the Award season inevitably comes red carpet fashion. Here we have the definitive ranking of the ten best dressed attendees from the night, as chosen with the utmost authority of myself.

1. Lupita Nyong’o
    Lupita’s style is always on point, and Sunday was no exception. The 12 Years a Slave star donned a Ralph Lauren dress in bold red. Red was definitely a trend on the carpet that night, but Lupita is a standout from the crowd with simple accessories and wicked cool hairstyle.

Source: AP Images

1. Emma Watson
    The red trend continued throughout the evening, and this time with an ingenious dress/pant hybrid. Emma took a real risk with this Dior gown: black skinnies paired with navy suede heels on the red carpet? The risk absolutely pays off. Emma rocks the gown without questions and the pants made for one of the most memorable looks of the night.

Source: Getty Images

1. Amy Adams
    You guessed it, more red to match the carpet! Only this time, two different shades of red. Amy Adams looked sexy and elegant in a simple Valentino gown with a plunging neckline halter top. The dress is stunning and Amy absolutely shone in it, especially when she was onstage accepting her award for her performance in American Hustle.

Source: Steve Granitz/WireImage

1. Cate Blanchett
    Cate went in a completely different direction than the trend of the night: black. Cate wore a stunning black lace Armani gown. Combined with beautiful retro hair and makeup, Cate’s look of the night is a showstopper.

Source: AP Images