Emily Savage ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Birthplace:
I was born and raised in Ottawa.

Where you currently live:
I still live in Ottawa because I’m an international woman of mystery.

Major:
My major is business with a concentration in accounting.

Relationship Status:
I’m taken. I’m actually about to celebrate my one year anniversary.

Why did you choose Carleton?
I chose Carleton because I wanted to stay in Ottawa and my sister had a really positive experience at Carleton.

Why did you choose your major?
I chose it because I was good at it and found it to be an easy version of math.

What’s your sun sign?
I don’t know what that means. Pisces?

What’s the first thing you look for in a guy?
A sense of humour. Nothing’s hotter than a guy who knows how to make me laugh.

What’s not attractive in a guy?
Being  full of yourself. To be humble shows a self-awareness and willingness to improve that’s just an overall attractive trait in a person.

Funniest pick up line you’ve ever heard/ever been used on you?
“We can play FIFA on my Xbox.”

What means to you most in life?
Friendship. I’m happiest when I’m around people I love.

Three words that would describe the perfect relationship for you?
Laughter. Understanding. Chemistry.

Describe your ideal date.
I’ve not really thought about it. I mostly just enjoy doing something that removes any awkwardness and stimulates conversation.

Any celebrity crushes?
Ryan Gosling. I love his smile.

If there’s anywhere in the world you could spend a year, where would it be and why?
Somewhere in Europe so I could travel around the continent for cheap and see so much history.

How many languages do you speak?
Technically two: English and French, but my French has deteriorated over the years.

What’s something that most people wouldn’t get to know about you at first glance?
Probably my name. Unless I’m wearing a name tag. Or they can read minds. Now, that would be impressive.

One person you look up to?
My boyfriend, but only because he’s taller than me.

What are your top five most played songs on your iTunes?
“Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley, “Dog Days Are Over” by Florence+The Machine,  “Alors On Danse” by Stromae, Gone Daddy Gone” by Gnarls Barkley, and “Man I Used to Be” by K-os.

Harsimar Singh is currently a second-year Commerce major, with a concentration in Accounting at Carleton University. Aside from Her Campus, Harsimar is also running a small Not-for-profit organisation back home in India, known as "Child and Youth Friendly Chandigarh" which aims to design, organize & implement programs that inspire & empower children and youth - both privileged and underprivileged. In addition, she is an avid reader, a great cricket enthusiast and loves to travel! She is very excited to be working with the Her Campus team.