samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Different Phases of Finals Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

During this exam season, we’ve all experienced it: personality changes when we’re studying. With these moods constantly rolling around, hopefully you can relate to every other Carleton student going through final exams currently. 

The Eager Beaver

Source: Giphy.com

This one happens to all of us. We get into this mindset where we are in the study mood. This is the best place to be when studying for exams, because these next ones are pretty rough. 

‘I’m So Tired’

Source: Giphy.com

This phase happens when we burn out. We’re writing that huge paper or studying for that exam that makes up more than half of our final grade, and we just can’t do it anymore. 

Lack of Focus

Source: Giphy.com

Finally, it’s time to sit down. You’ve got your books out, your highlighters, your laptop and yourself. You begin to study or write that assignment and suddenly it all goes blank. Huh. Guess it’s time to go home?

Social Studying

Source: Giphy.com

There are times when we suddenly need to be social instead of studying. Neglecting everything to go chill with your friends on fourth floor library is something we all do. Don’t worry, I do it too. 

Hopefully we can all now recognize the four stages of studying, and maybe overcome them? Good luck this final exam season. I know you’ll all crush it!

Mariam was President at Her Campus Carleton circa 19/20. She's a puppy lover and strives to be Mindy Kaling one day. Hopefully in five years you can find her working on the next most popular true crime series. Bachelor of Journalism '20 - Carleton University