This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

The Carleton University Student Association’s (CUSA) new grab-and-go food shop, The Wing, has seen conflicting feedback from Carleton students since its grand opening in the fall, after the student union created a survey asking for reviews. 

Luke Taylor (VP finance) said The Wing is supposed to reflect active and healthy living, with the idea of students being always on-the-go. He added they want to diversify the food selections they offer at the shop, such as ‘A Taste of Africa’ and ‘Ah So Sushi.’ Recently, Taylor said CUSA surveyed 80 per cent of students to see what the response was to food options on campus, and recieved feedback asking for a healthier variety. 

Since The Wing opened, Taylor said there have been “positive comments to staff and (on) Instagram accounts.”

However, some Carleton students, such as Taylor Firman Mather, have not been impressed with the shop.

“Some of the items (are) overpriced, such as the wraps. (I) wasn’t impressed with the quality of the wrap (I bought),” Firman Mather said.

“(There are plans) to add a hot and cold buffet bar, (but it) will require more capital investment . . . one that will significantly improve customer experience,” Taylor said. “(We want to) improve the sustainability by providing multi-use containers that will continue to reduce packaged waste.”

Heather Hunter, an undergradute Carleton student, said she thinks the Wing is a great idea, but she hasn’t had the chance to eat there yet. 

Hunter added she thinks the positioning of The Wing was a smart move for CUSA. 

“The open style location is nice and the placement is close by Starbuck’s and Rooster’s is smart because of the high traffic of students,” Hunter said.