This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Name: Andria Sears
Year and Program: First-Year Linguistics Major
Relationship Status: Forever single. Looking, although not overly actively. Who knew that having class five days a week and working weekends would leave so little time to myself?

Why did you choose your major?
When I was around 10 or 11 years old, I wanted to be a translator when I grew up. In high school I caught the travel bug and wasted a year at a tiny college in Toronto studying Travel and Tourism, and it didn’t really work out. With my Linguistics degree, I hope to obtain my Certificate in TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) so that I can travel and work.

Something people might not know about you?
I didn’t learn to ride a bike until I was in high school. Shortly after learning, I crashed into a hedge. I haven’t biked much since.

What are your hobbies?
When I’m not at school or at work or spending more time than I’d like on the 118, I split my time between hanging out with my ‘girl gang’, attempting to paint/draw, baking, and I’m also partial to the occasional Office or Parks and Rec marathon.

Who is your most influential female figure?
In my personal life, my Grandma. She’s helped raise three generations in my family and I don’t think I’ve ever heard her complain once. Sailor Moon was a pretty big influence during my childhood, too. Sure, she may have been a whiny brat but when push came to shove, she always did the right thing.

Which Spice Girl would you like to trade places with?
Any or all of them? Baby for the 24/7 access to lollipops, Ginger for her in-your-face girl power attitude, Posh for the husband…

What personality quality are you most proud of?
I think anyone that I’m a friend to would (I hope) attest to the fact that 99.9% of the time they see me I have a funny story to share. I love making my friends laugh. Also, it sounds like such a cop-out answer, but, if I’m truly your friend, I would bend over backwards for you, and stand up to people twice my age and size to defend you.

Guilty pleasures?
Chocolate-covered everything and Ryan Gosling.

Top two fictional characters you can relate to?
The Ice King from Adventure Time because we’re both pretty hopeless when it comes to wooing romantic interests (I must point out that I have never considered holding anyone captive) and Lisa Simpson who battles her woes as a feminist in a misogynistic world.

Describe the worst first date possible.
I haven’t really been on many dates but just from concocting situations in my head, I would have to say the worst thing would be if the person was someone who thought that sexist, racist, or classist jokes/remarks were acceptable or funny. 

Samantha Lapierre is a 4th year Communications student at Carleton University! She considers herself the sixth member of the Spice Girls and has an unhealthy love for One Direction, cheese platters and daytime talkshows. One day she hopes to be a television doctor, but for now she is happy to be a contributor for HerCampus Carleton!Tweet her at @samanthamarg