college packing list
college packing list
Her Campus Media
Life > Academics

5 School Supplies to Help You Ace the School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Heading back to campus this year is going to be different, but the school necessities are the same! We haven’t had a normal back-to-school season in over a year and if you’re anything like me, you might have forgotten what supplies are required to make this school year a breeze. But, don’t worry – I’ve got you covered! Here is a list of five supplies that will help you ace this school year.

1. Planner 

Is it really back-to-school season if you don’t buy a new planner? Planner shopping is my favourite part of the season! There will be a lot of due dates, class times, and sports/clubs meetings that you’ll need to keep track of so what better way to do that than with a cute planner? 

2. Hand Sanitizer

We’ll be spending a lot more time on campus and in large groups this year so we need to be COVID-19 safe to ensure we can stay on campus! The pandemic has provided us with so many cute and affordable hand sanitizer holders to connect to our school bags. I know I definitely wouldn’t mind carrying hand sanitizer on my backpack if it was in a cute holder like this.

3. Sticky Notes

The first thing on my shopping list every year is sticky notes! I love being able to use sticky notes to handwrite to-do lists on, write reminders down, and use them as markers in textbooks. 

4. wall Calendar

Along the same lines as the planner, a wall calendar is a stationary must! It is so handy having your entire schedule written out in one spot and being able to glance up at it when working at my desk. Bonus points if it has a cute design too!

5. water Bottle

Staying hydrated during long hours spent in a classroom is a necessity! Not only does having a water bottle save plenty of plastic water bottles from going into the landfill, but it also gives you an opportunity to express your personality with stickers. Could it get any better than this?

With these school supplies in our bags, there is no doubt that we will ace this year! We got this, friends!

Krissy is a third-year History major with a double-minor in heritage conservation and Canadian Studies at Carleton. When she's not doing school or hanging with friends and family, Krissy enjoys reading, online shopping, talking aimlessly about history and politics, and playing hockey.