This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

The makeup craze is here, and let’s face it: we’re students and we’re broke but we want to look fabulous. After dropping a ton of money at high-end beauty stores, I decided enough was enough. My bank account was struggling and screaming at me to stop, so I did. With enough research, I found products that wouldn’t break the bank and resembled high quality beauty products I was using before.

Maybeline Fit Me Concealer (Shoppers – $11.99)

I have tried many concealers and this is my all time favourite. Before this, I was using concealers that would look cakey on the skin, but the Fit Me concealer blends so well into the skin, it looks like it’s not even there.

What I also like about buying this concealer at Shoppers Drug Mart is that often times the product will be on sale. However, the original price doesn’t compare to some way more expensive concealers you find at Sephora.

L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Press On Nails (Shoppers – $7.49)

You don’t need to break the bank every few weeks to get your nails done to perfection. Press-on nails do the trick just as well and the nice thing is, you can take them off whenever you want and they take only a few minutes to put on. 

If you’re tight for cash right now but love to get your nails done, this is a great, and cheap, alternative. 

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/270990102565216219/

Quo Full Lashes (Shoppers – $9)

Even if you wear false lashes often or only for occasions, the Quo Full Lashes are a great product that lasts and looks great. You can reuse these lashes often and they look just as good as the first time you got them. The trick is to take care of them by removing excess glue after you’re done using them each time and placing them back in their box. 

L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara (Shoppers – $9.99)

This mascara has changed my life. No more clumpy looking eyelashes and no more runny mascara. When I asked the beauty consultant at Shoppers what her best and cheapest mascara was, she didn’t hesitate when she said this one was her all time favourite. 

This mascara makes your eyes stand out and by adding length and volume, for a put together look.

5. NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil (Shoppers – $12.49

One of the best and cheapest (not to mention cruelty free) eyebrow pencils that creates a natural, full eyebrow look is the NYC Micro Brow Pencil. Because of its skinny pencil, when you use it, it creates small strokes that look like eyebrow hair. 

You can also use the spoolie on the other side of the pencil to brush out the hairs to look more natural for an everyday look.

If you love to wear makeup and can’t get enough, use these products so you’re able to use your money on other things like travelling and activities with family and friends. You can look good on a budget too!

Mariam was President at Her Campus Carleton circa 19/20. She's a puppy lover and strives to be Mindy Kaling one day. Hopefully in five years you can find her working on the next most popular true crime series. Bachelor of Journalism '20 - Carleton University