lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

On the 12th Date of Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

With the Christmas season approaching, or it may already be here, depending on who you are. These activities are great for friends and significant others to do this holiday season. Make sure to take pictures and capture these moments.

1. Christmas movie night marathon

Not everything has to be expensive. Putting in a movie, popping some popcorn and curling up on the couch together is an intimate and fun way to get into the holiday spirit. 

Photo by Jens Kreuter on Unsplash

Pick Christmas classics like Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Home for Christmas Day, Charlie Brown Christmas, or even It’s a Wonderful Life

2. Christmas treats

Photo by Neven Krcmarek on Unsplash

Whether you are decorating a gingerbread house or making a batch of Christmas cookies, even if you mess up it’s fun. Make sure to have your Christmas playlist pre-selected for the best experience and for those who like a competition, see who can bake or decorate the best. 

3. Look at Lights

Christmas lights create an environment of magic and beauty every year. If you want to be emersed with Christmas, you can head to Magic of Lights in Wesley Clover Parks. This is the ultimate holiday experience, in which lights are used to portray an art form. In order to enter, a general admission ticket, which includes a small vehicle, is $20. 

Photo by Greyson Joralemon on Unsplash

4. Build a Snowman

“Do you want to build a snowman”, well as long as there is enough snow on the ground why not? This snowman building can turn into a snowball fight very quickly so make sure to be prepared

Photo by Jeffrey Wegrzyn on Unsplash

5. Go sledding

Since the snow is out there, you might as well use it! It’s always fun to figure out who can go down the hill the fastest.

Photo by Ethan Hu on Unsplash

6. Snowball Fight

I mean, you might as well make this a date too.

Photo by Helena Lopes on Unsplash

7. Go skating

Not everyone can and if you can then this is a great way to teach your boo or friends.

Photo by Matthew Fournier on Unsplash

8. Decorate a stocking

A little trip to the craft store can help create a whole evening of fun.

Photo by Wesley Tingley on Unsplash

9. Christmas Markets

Even if you don’t plan on buying anything (you should though! They have some great stuff) , going around with your friends or boo can be a lot of fun

Photo by Alisa Anton on Unsplash

10. Get a picture with Santa

You may be older than the average kid, but that shouldn’t stop you from getting pictures with Saint Nick himself.

Photo by Tim Mosholder on Unsplash

11. Santa Parade

This is always fun, and nobody can have too many candy canes. Plus, they look nice on the Christmas tree.

Photo by Jack Levick on Unsplash

12. Friends-mas

Throw a little party and have a potluck. This is a great excuse to have a party and see the friends that you may have not seen in a while because of school. Make sure to eat a lot! (If you plan a secret Santa, this is the perfect time to exchange gifts)

Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash

Christmas is about having fun and making memories. Whether it’s with your best friends or your boo, make sure that you make this season unforgettable with this simple list. Most importantly drink lots of hot chocolate. Plus, everyone knows the goodies that are eaten during Christmas don’t count, right?

Zoya Davis

Carleton '22

Zoya Davis is a journalism student at Carleton University and has contributed to several different blogs and websites over the last 3 years. She also runs a photography account on Instagram (@stillfrxme) and can often be found online shopping or trying to discover new music.