Last Minute Valentine’s Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cardiff chapter.

Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and you might still be wondering what on earth to give your significant other; there’s still time though, and there’s no need to break the bank – with our gift guide you can give the perfect VD present and score some serious girlfriend brownie points!

Cheap and cheerful

Picking a gift for a guy can be almost impossible, but there are always staple basics that a guy will both need and appreciate. One of these is boxers; No one wants to see a pair of droopy over worn pants, so buy him some sexy boxers and he won’t be the only one to benefit. A pair of boxers with a funky print is also great for relationships in early stages: show him that you’ve got a great sense of humour without scaring him off with something too serious!  These cheap and cheerful pants will only set you back £6.00 from ASOS and are guaranteed to make him smile.

He’s got all already!

When buying a gift for the person who has everything, why not buy something you can’t wrap like an experience. There are plenty of great things to do as a couple in Cardiff; try something new like getting tickets to see Cardiff devils on the ice for costs as low as £11, or if he’s more of a rugby fan, cheer on Cardiff blues with tickets starting as low as £12. If your partner isn’t into sport, there’s always the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff Bay, and students are eligible for up to 20% discounted tickets – bargain!

Food for the soul

They do say the best way to someone’s heart is through their stomach, and who doesn’t love a bit of chocolate? A classic Valentine’s Day gift, but don’t settle for any old box of chocolates for your loved one, make it special with a personalized treat;  Thornton’s offer a great range of gift ideas such as Alphabet Truffles to spell out a message of love for only £14.99, or make a personalized chocolate box with your favourite picture, guaranteed to make it taste even sweeter at only £11.99.

Groomed 

Everyone needs a little bit of pampering here and there, so get your other half smelling and feeling fresh with these gorgeous treats. Lush promises beautiful handmade products, so give him something to help fight bath time boredom; the FUN multipurpose soap for hair and body is a winner for your bank balance and your conscience, costing just £5 and 10p from each going to charity. Splashing out a bit more? Why not try The Body Shop’s White Musk for Men for £20.

Romantic

Getting something homely for your partner is both thoughtful and something they can keep forever; a framed picture of your favourite memory together in this funky frame from Urban Outfitters is both super cute and will only set you back £12.

Splashing outSpeakers are a pricier present but one that your partner will love, and great for you both to listen to that romantic playlist to set the mood. The Beats Pill speakers at just under £170 could put a dent in the wallet, but are 100% worth it.

My name is Lydia, I am aged 20 and currently studying Philosophy at Cardiff University. I love University life and am a member of Cardiff's first team for cheer-leading.