Lady in Red – Smoking Hot VD Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cardiff chapter.

There’s a sense of both excitement and bitterness in the crisp wintry air when Valentine’s Day approaches; for some, it’ll be the first one spent with a partner – a cute date and being swept off your feet. For others, it’s a night to rekindle the honeymoon phase. Whether you’re off to a dinner date, staying in with a bottle of vino, your Valentine’s outfit is as important as picking the venue! Here’s a round-up of VD outfits that’ll have you looking like one hot lady any guy would be lucky to have on their arm! 

Dinner Date

Valentine’s Day is all about finding the balance between looking sexy, classy, feminine and ladylike; if you’re still trying to find the perfect dress, here are our suggestions: 

ASOS Midi Strapless Dress, ASOS – £45

Elodio Slinky Strappy Midi Dress in Burgundy, Missguided – £19.99

Motel Saskia Off Shoulder Skater Dress in Red, Motel Rocks – £38 (on sale – £20)

Nasty Gal Heart’s Desire Dress, Nasty Gal – £23.30

Suzie Dress, Tobi – £31 (on sale – £21)

Night Out

Alternatively if you’re single and ready to mingle, let your inner vixen out in these stunning red dresses. Heads will be turning, cameras will be flashing!

ASOS Velvet Sweetheart Bodycon Dress, ASOS – £35

Nasty Gal Helix Dress – Red, Nasty Gal – £41.69

Nasty Gal Claudia Dress, Nasty Gal – £38.01

Nasty Gal Rock This Town Dress, Nasty Gal – £41.69

Cotton Spandex Jersey Underwire Bustier Dress, American Apparel – £46

Nasty Gal Sweet Revenge Dress, Nasty Gal – £41.69

And lastly, if you want sultry matching red lips, pucker up with Maybelline’s Superstay Lip Colour. It really does stay on for 24 hours! For a darker red, try the Cherry Pie colour and for a brighter shade, try Red Passion, which looks great on blondes.