Zumba: Fun Exercise?!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Campbell chapter.

Here in the small town of Buies Creek it is easy to let the freshman fifteen overtake you, and then let the sophomore, junior, and senior fifteen follow.  With terrible food on campus that just seems to be getting worse, students are forced to find nourishment off campus, which can become quite a health issue! And because Campbell is so small, it is easy to think there is nothing to do in order to counter this unfortunate situation.  However, there is actually an array of physical fitness classes offered right here on our very own campus, none more popular than Zumba Fitness™!  Monday through Thursday there are dozens and dozens of girls that pile into Carter gym to dance the day away.  Unlike any other work out around, Zumba Fitness™ incorporates contemporary music with high tempo Latin inspired dance moves.  Whether you are extremely advanced and know how to shake your thing or just beginning and have no rhythm, collegiettes™ everywhere are falling in love with Zumba Fitness™.  It is a great way to get your heart rate up, have some laughs with friends, or even meet new people.  As dull and tedious as going to the gym can be, Zumba Fitness™ is the exact opposite.  Times flies and before you know it, you have rocked out for an hour!  
    The newest Campbell Zumba Fitness™ instructor is Sesily West, a freshman here at CU.  She is loved by all here students who appreciate having an instructor their own age.  In addition to having a great time, Sesily makes you work! Be prepared to be sore for days in ways you have never been sore before.  She uses the newest songs you are used to hearing on the radio and adds fabulous dance moves you can show off to your friends! 

Other fitness classes offered at CU are yoga, cross fit, martial arts, and step aerobics.  So if you are feeling like you need a little something to do to work off those Cookout milkshakes and Boberry biscuits, have no fear Collegiettes™, come on out to Zumba Fitness™!

Zumba Fitness™ Schedule

Monday:  1-2, 6-6

Tuesday:  6-7

Wednesday:  6-7

Thursday:  4-5

Brittney is a sophomore Healthcare Management major with a minor in Spanish at Campbell University. She is active with Campus Ministries, including teaching a Bible Study and attending Wednesday night worship. Born and raised in the Bible belt, Brittney is from a small town, King, NC, in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. Some of her favorite things are cooking, watching movies, shopping, finding new recipes and creative things on the Internet. Brittney enjoys spending time with her friends and traveling as much as possible.