HC Campbell Cupcake Wars Winners

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Campbell chapter.

In the world of dorms and hectic schedules, finding Collegiettes™ that can cook is next to impossible. Her Campus Campbell hosted the Cupcake Wars a few weeks ago in an effort to encourage Campbell Collegiettes™ to take a break from the books and pull out their oven mitts for some fun, competitive cupcake baking. Courtney Williamson and Carrie McDaniel, the winners of Her Campus Campbell’s Cupcake Wars, are this week’s Campus Celebrities.

1. What is your major and what year are you?

Courtney Williamson: My major is Kinesiology, and I am a senior.

Carrie McDaniel: My major is Biology, and I am a senior.

2. Where are you from?

CW: Buies Creek, NC

CM: Cary, NC. 

3. Please tell me a little bit about yourself. 
CW: I would rather be outside than inside on any given day. I love kids and the energy they always bring to any situation. I stay busy trying to live life to the fullest and never miss an opportunity to laugh with and love people.

CM: Next May, Corey Staton, a fellow Campbell student, and I are getting married.  I work as a nursery attendant at the Y part time and I absolutely love working with kids, I hope to specialize in pediatrics once I become a PA.  I also work with the eleventh grade girls in my church’s youth group and love it.  

4. What do you like most about Campbell?
CW: The small town setting that allows you to feel comfortable and get to know a lot of people in a short amount of time.

CM: I like the smaller atmosphere and how available your professors are to you if you ever need any help.

5. What do you hope to do when you graduate?

CW: Become a Physician’s Assistant.

CM: Well two weeks after I graduate I will be getting married but as far as my career goes, I hope to be a Physician’s Assistant.

6. What inspired you to enter the Cupcake Wars?
CW: Welllll…Before I even knew that the event was going to take place, my roommate came into the kitchen and proceeded to tell me, “I entered cupcake wars today and I have the best partner ever and there’s no way we’re going to get beat, so good luck!” Like any competitive individual, I immediately accepted the challenge, recruited the best baker on campus, Carrie McDaniel, and we entered the following day.

7. What kind of cupcake did you make and what is the history of your recipe?
CW: We made a pumpkin spice cupcake with maple syrup icing. The recipe came out of a cupcake recipes book that my mom gave me this past Easter. We wanted to go with recipe that no one else would choose with a unique, but still amazing taste.

8. What is your Bucket List Top 3?

CW: Changes constantly…

1. Live in another country 2. Learn to speak Spanish fluently 3. Visit all 50 states.

CM: May answers may be a little boring but most importantly I want to be a wife and mom.  I would love use my medical training for missions in underserved areas and I would love to be able to travel.

9. What are your hobbies?
CW: Finding places to hang and chill in my hammock, riding bikes (bandana bikers for life!), watching a sunset, hiking up mountain trails and jumping off cliffs—anything that allows me to see God’s creation up close and personal.

CM: I used to be on the Campbell Dance team and have danced for years so I love to dance but I also like to cook, do almost any type of water sport and just spend time outside 

10. What is your favorite movie?

CW: Italian Job

CM: The Parent Trap (The newest version).

11. Any fun facts about you or anything you feel the world should know about you?

CW: I won a diaper derby in the mall that my dad entered me in when I was 1 yr. old.

CM: Hmm that’s a tough one, I used to want to be a marine animal trainer and work at Seaworld, I even went to Seaworld camp one summer.

Carrie McDaniel

Courtney Williamson

Brittney is a sophomore Healthcare Management major with a minor in Spanish at Campbell University. She is active with Campus Ministries, including teaching a Bible Study and attending Wednesday night worship. Born and raised in the Bible belt, Brittney is from a small town, King, NC, in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. Some of her favorite things are cooking, watching movies, shopping, finding new recipes and creative things on the Internet. Brittney enjoys spending time with her friends and traveling as much as possible.