This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Campbell chapter.

In the fast-paced life that is college, it can be exceptionally hard to find genuine, kind people. However, Campbell Collegiettes™ are lucky enough to have an inspiring, friendly face on campus, Miss Erin Dickert. Erin wears an immense array of hats from sister and daughter to Pharmacy student and President of Phi Delta Chi, adding to the amazement of how this Collegiette™ keeps such a positive attitude. From her mission trips to Uganda to her dedicated work ethic in school, Erin is a role model that every Collegiette™ could learn something from. 

What is your major and what year are you?
I am a third year Pharmacy student and will graduate in May 2013.

Where are you from?
I grew up in Greenville, South Carolina and then moved to The Woodlands, Texas.  My family moved to Huntersville, North Carolina the summer before my senior year of high school and currently, that is home for me.

Please tell me a little bit about yourself.
I am incredibly outgoing and enjoy meeting new people.  I have a huge heart for Uganda and have had the opportunity to travel there twice in the last year.  My heart is totally engulfed in Ugandan culture, the people there, the way of life, and health disparities among the country.  I try really hard to not be a “nerd” on a daily basis but pharmacology and therapeutics are a part of me these days.  I am extremely involved in Pharmacy School, including being President of my Fraternity (Phi Delta Chi).  I have an incredible family – two sisters (one at Appalachian State and one in high school) and wonderful parents who have been married for 26 years.  I laugh all the time and enjoy spending time with dear friends.  I am so blessed. 

What do you like most about Campbell?
Given that I have been at Campbell for six years now, I would say that it is definitely home for me.  I have loved every moment from my freshman year to my third graduate year.  I cherish living in Strickland Hall my freshman year, Day Hall my sophomore year, Stadium apartments my junior year and now off campus as a graduate student.  I am thankful for the leadership opportunities that have been given to me through Campus Ministries and various other organizations.  I love the people here… both old and new.  It is odd for me to walk around campus and know very few faces these days but I still see the same smile and enthusiasm that I had six years ago.  Most of all, I love Campbell because it is a place representative of hard work, determination, and encouragement.  

What do you hope to do when you graduate?
I have several options to pursue once I graduate pharmacy school, and for that I am thankful.  I may go into an infectious disease residency program which offers specialized clinical pharmacy training to pharmacists after graduation.   I am extremely passionate about the HIV population and the different disease states that are impacted by an HIV status and a residency in infectious disease would prepare me better for working with those patients.  I may go straight to work in either hospital or retail pharmacy.  Ultimately, I want to live in Africa and work in a HIV clinic, even if it is only for a few months out of the year.  Right now, I am dreaming big and keeping all of my options open for what God wants to do with my future. 

What is your Bucket List Top 3?
— Adopt! I can’t wait to welcome a sweet little face into my family.

–Travel to Italy and explore art and architecture (if I weren’t going to be a pharmacist, I would be an art restoration specialist!)
–Sit down to dinner with either Coach K (Go Blue Devils!) or Dabo Sweeney (Go Tigers!!)

In what ways is Pharmacy School different from undergrad?
Honestly, pharmacy school and undergrad feel like two completely different worlds.  The work load is undoubtedly heavier and more intense in pharmacy school, so time management is a must.  Undergrad was a time of exploring new, fun characteristics I saw in myself and pharmacy school has been about expounding on my leadership and professionalism.  I do miss just getting to throw on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans to head to class — Pharmacy school is dress up every day.

What are your hobbies?
As lame as it may sound, I have very little time that is my own.  I am constantly going, talking to people, studying, working on a project, or doing something with my Fraternity.  In my spare time over Christmas or summer break, I have a cross-stitch that I have been working on since I was a junior in high school!  Needless to say, I do not think I will finish that any time soon but I do enjoy sitting down to work on it every now and then.  Pick-up games of tennis with my friends or intramural sports are usually a weekly occurrence, which provides a nice change of pace some days. 

What is the most challenging aspect of Pharmacy School?
Pharmacy school has put my time management skills to the test unlike anything else I have worked towards.  Long gone are the days of starting to study for an exam one or two days before.  It truly is a daily effort to stay on top of everything, from classes to professional organizations to Fraternity involvement.  I am thankful for every bit of it but it has made the last 3 years rather challenging… all in the interest of making me the best pharmacist and leader I can be.

What is your favorite movie?
Without a doubt, my favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast.  But my favorite all-time movie would probably be a tie between The Sound of Music and The Holiday.  I can watch any of these three movies while studying and never need to look up. I always know what is going on (which makes for slightly more productive studying). 

Any advice for aspiring Pharmacy School students?
“Devote yourself to an idea.
Go make it happen. Struggle on it.
Overcome your fears. Smile.
Don’t you forget: this is your dream” — Anonymous

Any fun facts about you?
I listen to Christmas music year-round. I have a pair of red bedroom slippers from L.L. Bean that I wear everywhere! I pack them in my backpack to go to class, wear them in the library, and always have them on at my house. My sisters and I all graduate in 2013; it is truly going to be a year of celebrating!

Brittney is a sophomore Healthcare Management major with a minor in Spanish at Campbell University. She is active with Campus Ministries, including teaching a Bible Study and attending Wednesday night worship. Born and raised in the Bible belt, Brittney is from a small town, King, NC, in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. Some of her favorite things are cooking, watching movies, shopping, finding new recipes and creative things on the Internet. Brittney enjoys spending time with her friends and traveling as much as possible.