Enough Marshbanks, let’s go out!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Campbell chapter.

“If I have to eat at Marshbanks one more time, I think I am going to throw-up.  Everyday it’s the same food!”.  Is this a statement made by most of you Campbell Collegiettes™?  Some of you may have ventured outside the “large” metropolis of Buies Creek and explored new restaurants in Dunn, Lillington, or Fuquay-Varina.  However, some of you may have no idea where to begin and this is where this article comes in to help you!  

Don’t want to drive far to get some good food?  Head to Lillington and try Andy’s.  If you want a throw back into the 1960’s with the best burgers, fries and creamy shakes, this is your place.  Nestled beside Food Lion, is Rainbow Garden.  This is truly one of Lillington’s best kept secrets when it comes to Chinese food.  They have everything imaginable like Sesame Chicken, Orange Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken with sides like rice, noodles or vegetables.  Top off the delicious meal with a chocolate fortune cookie.  If you need a somewhat romantic dinner, head to Howard’s Barbecue which is located right on the Cape Fear River.  You can choose from barbecue (obviously), chicken, hamburgers, seafood or pork chops.  It is said to be the best barbecue in Lillington.  There’s even a swing set outside to enjoy after you eat.

Headed to Wal-Mart in Dunn and want to something to eat while you’re out?  Hibachi Grill is a mix of Chinese and Japanese food and is awesomely delicious!  You can choose from the buffet line or choose your meat and side items and have them cooked in front of you by a chef.  Another great thing about that place is with your student ID, you get 10% off your meal!  If you need something quick, Inspirational Grounds Coffee House not only offers coffee, but they have sandwiches, salads, bakery items and even breakfast.  In the mood for pasta and other Italian comfort foods?  Omar’s II Italian Restaurant is the place to go.  They always have cars in the parking lot, so don’t get a Lean Cuisine heat-up pasta, go to Omar’s!  After lunch or dinner goto Sherry’s Bakery for dessert.  This is Dunn’s best kept secret when it comes to desserts.  You can choose from 9 different kinds of cake, 8 different kinds of pie and fresh homemade doughnuts.  How can you beat that collegiettes™?

Fuquay-Varina has more restaurants to offer than Lillington and Dunn combined.  They have all your favorite fast food places, but then they have spectacular others.  Bullfeathers is a one of a kind sports bar with wings, burgers and much more.  It is the perfect place to go on a Saturday after a Campbell football game to spend time with friends.  Every Tuesday night they have Bingo at 7:00pm with prizes!  On Thursday’s take a group of friends and go to Trivia night at 8:00pm.  This is a fun way to spend time together and use your “fun” knowledge that you can’t us in your classes.  If you want a nice, white tablecloth kind of dinner, Bellini Fine Italian is a perfect romantic date night place.  Their fettucini alfredo is definitely one the best around.

On your way back to school, stop at Sunni Skies in Angier for the best homemade ice cream.  They have been on the Food Network because of their crazy flavors like Exit Wound and Cold Sweat.  You can choose from over 90 different flavors of scrumptious ice cream and enjoy it sitting on the porch in a rocking chair.  Sounds like the end of a perfect evening to me.

So, if you want to get off campus and eat at some local dining, use this as a guide to help you pick your food of choice.  Bon apetite!

Brittney is a sophomore Healthcare Management major with a minor in Spanish at Campbell University. She is active with Campus Ministries, including teaching a Bible Study and attending Wednesday night worship. Born and raised in the Bible belt, Brittney is from a small town, King, NC, in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. Some of her favorite things are cooking, watching movies, shopping, finding new recipes and creative things on the Internet. Brittney enjoys spending time with her friends and traveling as much as possible.